Author Topic: What has happened to Genlias?  (Read 2090 times)

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
What has happened to Genlias?
« on: Thursday 03 January 13 10:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, All the best for 2013 to you.
Could someone tell me what has happened to "Genlias" I have used it to research my Dutch line and today went on to search only to find it has been taken over by a site called "WieWasWie" and everything is in Dutch, does anyone know if you can switch the language to English?
Best regards
jess5athome
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: What has happened to Genlias?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 January 13 10:52 GMT (UK) »
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 January 13 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi garsonite, thankyou, I will endeavor to use the site and read the link at the same time, this will probably help me to learn a few words of Dutch, (something I wish I had done as a child  :( )
Many thanks.  :)
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline 0113vanny

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 April 14 11:26 BST (UK) »
Genlias was brilliant.  I am so sad it has gone, the new replacement site does not work at all well for me.    anyone think the same or is it just me?

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 April 14 11:36 BST (UK) »
Hi 0113vanny,
Do you mean "Wie Was Wie" (Who Was Who)?, I have been using it lately now they have updated it and put a English version on and didn't find it too bad, it did take a bit of getting used to tho'.

Regards.
Frank.

Offline 0113vanny

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 03 April 14 16:14 BST (UK) »
yes I mean that one.  time after time I put in names that come up with no results, but I found out loads on Genlias, obviously inputting the same names.   And i can't get back earlier than about 1810.   Whereas before i found out loads going back 100 years or more before.  oh well, thank fully I did most of my research through genlias.