Author Topic: Barlaston Post Office  (Read 807 times)

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Barlaston Post Office
« on: Friday 04 January 13 18:26 GMT (UK) »
I remember visiting 'Stone Cottages' in Barlaston.   From memory they where located on Longton Road opposite the Post Office.

Recently I tried to find a 'Street View ' photograph of the cottages on Google.  They dont appear to be there any longer!

I wonder, are there any Barlaston locals who can remember these cottages?  Is my memory correct, where the cottages opposite the Post Office?

purlin

Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.

Offline Pety

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Barlaston Post Office
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 January 13 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Purlin, There is a row of cottages on the opposite side of the road to the post office, but further up the road. I believe the cottages and stables belonged to a large house close by. Opposite to the post office is a public house and one cottage, which has been modernised recently.
     sue45

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Barlaston Post Office
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 January 13 11:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue,

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply.  It sounds as though it was probably the single cottage next to the pub.  I don't remember the pub, perhaps that has been developed from other cottages!  The cottage I remember was directly onto the road with no front garden or path.  It was very close to the Post Office.  It was quite a narrow frontage, front door with i think a room to the left of it, not absolutely sure about that though.  I did think it was part of a small terrace of cottages though.

Thanks again Sue very good of you.
purlin

Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.