Author Topic: Query re pages already visited  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Query re pages already visited
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 10 January 13 08:20 GMT (UK) »
I'll have to try that, KG.  I have always presumed the asterisk meant I had to put a name in there.
In fact, when I have searched without a poster's name, it has asked for one!  Must be doing something wrong ??? ??? ???

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Query re pages already visited
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 10 January 13 08:47 GMT (UK) »
When I want to search for posts by a particular user, one way is to enter the user name, and simply search for a single letter? "a" for example.

That doesn't work - I've just tried it. I'm told that Each word must be at least two characters long.

I used to search using the word 'the' which also doesn't work now - Your search query contained too trivial words. Please try again with a different query.

previously one had to know who was the poster and a word in the title of the post, or you got nowhere.   

You definitely didn't need to know who posted. I often used to search only using a word and no username.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk