Author Topic: Henry/Hendry family Aberdeenshire and Banffshire  (Read 4199 times)

Offline pollymann

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry/Hendry family Aberdeenshire and Banffshire
« on: Monday 07 January 13 08:51 GMT (UK) »
Someone tried to contact me regarding my Henry/Hendry ancestors via another posting I had made but I was busy over Christmas and now I cannot find the message. Please contact me again.
Pauline
Henderson, McCormack, Smith, Dalziel, Robison, Muirhead, Riddick, Irving, Raffle, McKeig, McGhie, McCulloch, Walker, Murray, Blacklock, Beaty. McKie, Wilson, Dickson, Holliday, Robson, Bryden, Muir - Dumfriessshire /Kirkcudbrightshire.
Tough, Gordon, Allan, Henry/Hendry, Reid, Pirie, Hardie, Longmuir, Leslie, Copland, Forbes, Thompson, Rutherford, Meldrum, Leid, Ironside, Rennie, Ronald, Thom, Simpson, Wilson, Sim and Young - Aberdeenshire/Banffshire.
Noble, Gray, Bird - Durham/Northumberland

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Henry/Hendry family Aberdeenshire and Banffshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 January 13 11:35 GMT (UK) »
Pauline, 

Did your Hendrys come to Australia,  i have some from Aberdeen that came to OZ ?

Daizi
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline pollymann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 January 13 17:19 GMT (UK) »
I'm not really sure but I do have some who I have lost trace of:
William born 1800 Cabrach, Banffshire, son of George Henry and Barbara Simpson.
George born 1812 Cabrach, Banffshire, son of James Henry and Janet Gordon and grandson of George and Barbara.
James born 1816 Cabrach, Banffshire, son of James Henry and Janet Gordon and grandson of George and Barbara.
James born 1859 Clatt, Aberdeenshire, son of James Henry and Isabella Hardie and great-grandson of George and Barbara.
When did yours arrive in Oz?
Pauline
Henderson, McCormack, Smith, Dalziel, Robison, Muirhead, Riddick, Irving, Raffle, McKeig, McGhie, McCulloch, Walker, Murray, Blacklock, Beaty. McKie, Wilson, Dickson, Holliday, Robson, Bryden, Muir - Dumfriessshire /Kirkcudbrightshire.
Tough, Gordon, Allan, Henry/Hendry, Reid, Pirie, Hardie, Longmuir, Leslie, Copland, Forbes, Thompson, Rutherford, Meldrum, Leid, Ironside, Rennie, Ronald, Thom, Simpson, Wilson, Sim and Young - Aberdeenshire/Banffshire.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 January 13 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pauline

The best way of picking up on who contacted you is either to check through your previous posts, see here www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=171004 and click on 'show posts' or, on the top banner, 'my messages' click on that to see if someone sent you a private message about the family.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Stuart P

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 01:02 GMT (UK) »
I'm not really sure but I do have some who I have lost trace of:
William born 1800 Cabrach, Banffshire, son of George Henry and Barbara Simpson.
George born 1812 Cabrach, Banffshire, son of James Henry and Janet Gordon and grandson of George and Barbara.
James born 1816 Cabrach, Banffshire, son of James Henry and Janet Gordon and grandson of George and Barbara.
James born 1859 Clatt, Aberdeenshire, son of James Henry and Isabella Hardie and great-grandson of George and Barbara.
William b.6Dec1800 at Mill of Hillock, Cabrach married Janet Stewart b.ca.1802 Mortlach on 24 Dec 1824 in Cabrach "in presence of the kirk session". They had 10 known children, the 1st 4 at Horseward in Cabrach, the rest in Mortlach. Janet died 25 Dec 1857 in Dufftown, William 5 May 1881 in Dufftown.
George b.15 Nov 1812 at Mill of Hillock - don't know what happened to him.
James b.11 Aug 1859 in Clatt, was at Little Newton, Clatt up to 1871 but I don't know thereafter.

Stephen Hendry the snooker player is supposed to be a descendant of George Henry & Barbara Simpson, but I don't know how.

I have a website for Cabrach genealogy at http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/stuartpetrie/  and since George Henry and Barbara Simpson are my ancestors I have a long list of descendants which goes beyond those covered on the site.

All Cabrach, Fyvie, Methlick in Aberdeenshire
Mee, Merrin, Stevenson in Notts Derby

Offline pollymann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 08:52 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the information Stuart. I had been searching for George Henry/Hendry and Barbara Simpson for years when I came across your website a little while ago and the information was excellent. I must have missed William. Did his marriage "in the presence of the Kirk Session" have any special significance?
I am also a descendant of George and Barbara through Robert Henry and Elspet Leslie and then James Henry and Isabella Hardie. I never know whether to use Henry or Hendry as the 'd' seems to come and go.
Pauline

Offline Stuart P

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Did his marriage "in the presence of the Kirk Session" have any special significance?
There is nothing in the Session Minutes, but Janet Stewart was 3 months pregnant on the day of her wedding. There was no proclamation of banns, so they must have had to get dispensation from the Session to get married on the spot.
Stuart
All Cabrach, Fyvie, Methlick in Aberdeenshire
Mee, Merrin, Stevenson in Notts Derby

Offline siremitch

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 12 April 20 02:06 BST (UK) »
Hi, my ancestors were Walter Henry from Banff/Macduff and Grace (born Cumming born in Peterhead) who left in 1850 for a small village called Salisbury in New Brunswick Canada. Trying to go back further but seem to hit walls. Apparently there is a housing area near the Myrus Circle area called Henry place who was named after a former Provost of the area named Robert Henry (possibly related?). Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Offline dundeeladdie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 21 January 24 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm new to this forum. I have been building my family tree for some time and this is an exciting development. My paternal grandmother was Catherine Sharp Henry and I can accurately trace through the Hendry/Henry line to George Henry/Barbara Simpson (married 20th March 1791 in Gartly) but it gets a bit murky from there. Any help would be appreciated.