Author Topic: Henry/Hendry family Aberdeenshire and Banffshire  (Read 4200 times)

Offline dundeeladdie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry/Hendry family Aberdeenshire and Banffshire
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 February 24 19:14 GMT (UK) »
I'm not really sure but I do have some who I have lost trace of:
William born 1800 Cabrach, Banffshire, son of George Henry and Barbara Simpson.
George born 1812 Cabrach, Banffshire, son of James Henry and Janet Gordon and grandson of George and Barbara.
James born 1816 Cabrach, Banffshire, son of James Henry and Janet Gordon and grandson of George and Barbara.
James born 1859 Clatt, Aberdeenshire, son of James Henry and Isabella Hardie and great-grandson of George and Barbara.
William b.6Dec1800 at Mill of Hillock, Cabrach married Janet Stewart b.ca.1802 Mortlach on 24 Dec 1824 in Cabrach "in presence of the kirk session". They had 10 known children, the 1st 4 at Horseward in Cabrach, the rest in Mortlach. Janet died 25 Dec 1857 in Dufftown, William 5 May 1881 in Dufftown.
George b.15 Nov 1812 at Mill of Hillock - don't know what happened to him.
James b.11 Aug 1859 in Clatt, was at Little Newton, Clatt up to 1871 but I don't know thereafter.

Stephen Hendry the snooker player is supposed to be a descendant of George Henry & Barbara Simpson, but I don't know how.

I have a website for Cabrach genealogy at http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/stuartpetrie/  and since George Henry and Barbara Simpson are my ancestors I have a long list of descendants which goes beyond those covered on the site.