Author Topic: Tamworth Burials  (Read 3109 times)

Offline joyce

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Tamworth Burials
« Reply #9 on: Friday 25 January 13 18:37 GMT (UK) »
Thank you BumbleB,
But please don't take any chances on the  weather.Samuel Spruce F.G.S .was a well known man in Tamworth  he was a Mining Engineer His funeral was on 17th Feb.1900 .It was reported in the Herald so I am hoping he has a headstone .
Regards Joyce

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 January 13 12:38 GMT (UK) »
As the second brain cell had kicked in this morning - I've been to the library  :-X

Samuel Spruce is buried at Wiggington Cemetery:

Entry No:  299 Samuel Spruce aged 76 years, died 7 February 1900.  Address:  Beech House, Albert Road, Tamworth.  Grave No:  1305 Select.  Buried 10 February 1900.

The other Samuel Spruce is also buried at Wiggington Cemetery:

Entry No: 325 Samuel Spruce aged 51 years, died 3 April 1900.  Address:  Park View, Gillott Road, Birmingham.  Grave No:  1239 Select.  Buried 7 April 1900

I did ask about a grave plan for Wiggington, but the library certainly don't have one, nor are the MIs transcribed.

I suggest you contact Cemeteries Department of Tamworth Borough Council.  01827 709343 or by e-mail cemeteries "at" tamworth.gov.uk

If you can get directions to the grave(s) I'll willingly go to the Cemetery and see if there is a headstone, and take photographs.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline joyce

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 26 January 13 19:00 GMT (UK) »
 :)Thank you so much BumbleB.I am amazed at the kindness of people I have never met.I shall  e-mail the council for further information.Thank you again.
Regards Joyce