Author Topic: Re: Cheshire Parish Records/Deane  (Read 6414 times)

Offline rosndel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cheshire Parish Records/Deane
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 30 November 05 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter,

Thanks again for your help with Sarah Boothby. And also the helpful advice.  I will follow that avenue and see where it leads.

Another request please. William Valentine had a son William born in Norton, Derbyshire about 1870. I think his wife was named Lucy and they lived at Coal Aston in 1901.  Could you find them on the 1901 census for me please. Thanks again.

Rosndel.
Dean/e       Valentine
Bradford      Donaldson     Hill
Whitmore    Daykin
Addison       Holzmann

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 01 December 05 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi
    The 1901 census shows

RG13-3260-F31  West Bank Farm Coal Aston Derbyshire

William 31 farmer Norton
Lucy 31 Sheffield
Lily 13 Norton
Lucy A 12 Norton
William 10 Norton
Sam 8 Coal Aston
Thomas 6 ~
Maggie 5 ~
Susan 2 ~
James E 10 months Coal Aston
Susan Cavil 66 mother/in/law widow Sheffield.

regards

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline rosndel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 01 December 05 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter,

Thank you so much.  I will give you some peace now - until I get some of those certificates! Who knows what might come to light.  Thanks again.

Rosndel
Dean/e       Valentine
Whitmore    Daykin
Addison       Holzmann

Offline rosndel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 27 December 05 02:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter,

Hope you have had a great Christmas.  Ours was very hot but a good time.

I now have a death certificate for Sarah Boothby. I searched BMDIndex for the ten years from 1851 to 1861 and there wasn't a Sarah who fitted my Sarah.  Then I remembered that when my g.grandfather's death was registered in Qld his mothers name was given as Booby. Then I tried for Sarah Booby in the FreeBMD with success.  The certificate has arrived  and it is definitely my Sarah as the informant was the husband of her granddaughter Eliza. Sarah's husband was James Booby.

I wonder if that might make a difference to what you might find on your indexes. I presume they were married somewhere in the Prestbury/Macclesfield area around about 1800 as Sarah was 73 when she died in 1855 at Ashton U.L. Hopefully and gratefully for your efforts once again.

Rosndel
Dean/e       Valentine
Whitmore    Daykin
Addison       Holzmann

Offline peterbennett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 27 December 05 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I can not find a marriage in any of my indexes for Sarah and James Boothby (tried various spellings) the only entry I have found is one in the IGI http://www.familysearch.org/ This is a member submitted entry and therefore as not been verified. It is dated 2/April/1803 at Prestbury between James Boothby and Sarah Beech.

It would be wise to verify this marriage with the Cheshire records office, send an email to them at the address on this link http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.htm and give them the date, place and names they will look up the marriage and do not usually charge.

good luck and let us know how you get on

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline rosndel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 08 February 06 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter,

Have emailed the Cheshire Record Office as you suggested.  Have been rather busy as we have a 90 day access to ancestry.co.uk and with the various census plus FreeBMD and the Cheshire BMD it has been great.

Have the death certificate for Thomas Dean and the info was given by Rachel Dean.  Unfortunately it doesn't say that she was DIL but as Thomas died in Nov 1863 and  James and Rachel left for Qld in 1864, it all fits nicely. According to Thomas' death cert. he was 61 when he died which takes his birth back to 1802. Have found an entry on the IGI for the christening of a Thos Deane, son of Wood Deane and Ruth at Prestbury and am applying to Cheshire RO for a copy. I see on the Cheshire BMD that a Wood Dean died in 1843 in Bollington district. Could you please look up the 1841 census and see if you can find Wood? It may not be my Thomas but can't pass up the opportunity of finding out more.

Found also that that James' sister Eliza Hardy nee Dean/e married Elijah White and it would appear that the other sister Elizabeth married Elijah's son Elijah. Must have been fun at the family barbecue! (Have to get the certificates to confirm that yet.)

Sorry if you are bored with this but you always sound so interested.

Regards and thanks again,

Rosndel

Dean/e       Valentine
Whitmore    Daykin
Addison       Holzmann

Offline rosndel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 17 March 06 05:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter,

Could you please look up the 1841 census for Bollington for Wood Dean? I have his death certificate (he died in 1843) and the informant was Thomas Dean. As I also have a parish baptism record for Thomas (1802 at Prestbury) as the son of Wood and Ruth Dean, I am hoping that I am on to gold.

Unfortunately the certificate does not give a street address for Wood - just Bollington.

Hopefully and with much gratitude for the long journey you have taken with me in the search for our Dean/e roots.

Rosndel
Dean/e       Valentine
Whitmore    Daykin
Addison       Holzmann

Offline peterbennett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 21 March 06 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Sorry, but I some how seem to have missed your recent posts.

This is the info I have found for the name Wood Dean (e)

1841 HO107-104-07-PAge 7      Bollington Lane Bollington

Wood Dean 67 ag lab born in county
Elizabeth Dean 30 born in county

Also found the following two marriages, the first a possibility for the parents of Wood born c1774

17/May/1769 at Prestbury  Wood Deane of Butley (Prestbury)/Betty Foden

03/Aug/1802 at Prestbury Wood Deane / Betty Foden.

hope this gets you a bit further

regards

peterbennett

Offline rosndel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 22 March 06 04:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for that. On the 1861 census I found a Elizabeth Deane aged 51, living at Bollington Lane, Bollington with her cousin George Buxton. If she belongs with Wood Dean, you may have found me a sister for my Thomas. Miracles are still happening. I will send for the parish records of those two Wood Dean marriages. Unless "Wood" is a more common name than I think it is, they surely are part of the family, even if not in the direct line.  Thanks again.

I notice on the 1851 census that there are other Deanes in Bollington, namely George (born 1784), Richard (born 1786) and Peter (born 1788).  Perhaps they could be Wood's brothers  as  those are names listed on the IGI as being the sons of Wood Dean and Elizabeth. Could you please find them on the 1841 census for me?

I know the next move will be to have a search done of the Prestbury records for the christening of Wood Dean  (born 1774) to be able to connect them!

What a long way we have come from wondering whether Thomas actually existed.!  Thank you so much.

Rosndel
Dean/e       Valentine
Whitmore    Daykin
Addison       Holzmann