Author Topic: Re: Cheshire Parish Records/Deane  (Read 6415 times)

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: Cheshire Parish Records/Deane
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 29 June 05 17:54 BST (UK) »
Hi
    I have your family in the 1851 in Haughton Green but I dont have any of the 1841 census for Kearsley, sorry. Maybe you could have some luck if you post a request on the Lancs board.

1851 HO107-2235-F 17   Haughton Green Lancs

Thomas Valentine head 36 engine driver Clifton Lancs
Margaret               wife 36                        Farnworth
John                      son 15 fire man           Kearsley
Rachel                   daug 13 app cott factory Kearsley
Mary                               11 nurse             Haughton
William                   son 4                                ~
James                           1                                ~

regards

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline rosndel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 02 July 05 23:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your quick answer. The family obviously left Lancashire before the birth of Mary which gives us an approximate  timeframe.
Rosndel :)
Dean/e       Valentine
Bradford      Donaldson     Hill
Whitmore    Daykin
Addison       Holzmann

Offline rosndel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 08 August 05 02:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

Earlier you said that you had found a marriage entry in the index for St Peter's Church Prestbury for Thomas Deane and Mary Boothby (30 march 1828). Do Parish Registers have parents' names? Is there any way you can think of to press back to a earlier generation. Have found a possible entry on the IGI for Mary but without confirmation of her parents names it is still only a possible.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Rosndel
Dean/e       Valentine
Whitmore    Daykin
Addison       Holzmann

Offline peterbennett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 08 August 05 11:33 BST (UK) »
Hi
     There is no hard and fast rule with parish marriage records they may or may not contain the parents details. Prestbury has very few IGI records for the late 1700's- and virtually non for the early 1800's. Any IGI records do need to be confirmed with the original parish records.

You need now to see or have a report direct from the parish records, these are held at Chester and I think Manchester Central Library also has a copy.

If its not possible for you to visit then I would send an email to Cheshire RO at the address on the link below, giving them full details of names, ages and the marriage date and place I gave you.

They will want to charge for the birth searches but initially because you have the dates they may look up the marriage for free.

good luck and let me know how you get on

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline rosndel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 11 August 05 01:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

There has been a very prompt and helpful reply from the Cheshire R O. (With Cheshire people being so helpful I don't know why the greatgrandparents left to come to Queensland - not meaning to be discourteous to my home State!)

There are no parents names recorded but there are details of the couple, their trades and names of witnesses which may or may not be helpful. I have ordered a copy.

The only other source  of tracing the couples' parents that I can think of is Baptism records. Do you have access to Baptism records or only marriages? Again I will be grateful for any assistance.

Regards,

Rosndel.
Dean/e       Valentine
Whitmore    Daykin
Addison       Holzmann

Offline peterbennett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 11 August 05 10:57 BST (UK) »
Hi
    Very pleased you have had a good response from the RO.

Unfortunatly I only have the parish records marriage index. I am not aware of any published birth records for the Bollington/Prestbury Parish.

It now looks as if you may have to ask for a search at the RO. I would do it for you but I don't get out to much these days, sorry.

Can you give me the names of the witnesses, I will search them out, there may be a connection somewhere that would help.

bye for now

peterbennett

Offline rosndel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 26 August 05 00:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

The Thomas Dean (without the e) and Mary Boothby Parish record has arrived and the witnesses do not appear to be any help, their names being Jas Pimlott and Thos Robinson.
Thomas and Mary signed with their mark so I guess it would be reasonable to think that none of their families were literate.

I think you are right that the only way forward would be a search for baptisms. Have you noticed from your search of the 1841 census of Bollington whether the name of Dean/Deane was scarce or plentiful? There could easily be a number of Thomas Dean/Deanes baptised circa 1804!

Thanks again,

Rosndel
Dean/e       Valentine
Whitmore    Daykin
Addison       Holzmann

Offline peterbennett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 26 August 05 09:26 BST (UK) »
Hi

There are not that many Dean(e) families in Bollington 41/51 the 51 index shows only 4 familes, and about the same in 41.

good luck, and let us know how you get on

peterbennett

Offline rosndel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 19 October 05 02:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

I am wondering if you have access to the 1891 and 1901 census for the Ashton U L and Dukinfield area.
G Grandma's brother John died aged about 34 and his family appear in the 1881 census at 74 Astley St, Dukinfield.  At that date William was aged 19, John Thomas  17, James 14, and Robert 13. Would like to know more about their families and occupations. Hope all is well with you.

Regards,

Rosndel
Dean/e       Valentine
Whitmore    Daykin
Addison       Holzmann