Author Topic: Poland: Victoria Emily Osial  (Read 7468 times)

Offline markdrogers99

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Poland: Victoria Emily Osial
« on: Thursday 10 January 13 16:30 GMT (UK) »
I am currently researching my great grandparents and interested in finding information/records in respect to my great grandmother, Victoria Emily Osial and her parents and siblings. I have been unable to locate any records of Victoria or her side of the family prior to 1930.

Based on Victoria's marriage certificate she was born about 1910 and her father is listed as Jan Osial, Cloth Merchant. The family appears to have migrated at some point from Europe to Japan as in 1930 Victoria married James Frederick Moses in Yokohama, Japan. Victoria was listed as age 20 and a spinster.  Victoria and her husband had two children all born in Japan.

I have been told that Victoria came from a wealthy family in Poland with servants to look after them. After Victoria's husband died in Shanghai, China in 1938 she seems to have returned home with her two sons to Poland to visit family. When the Nazi’s invaded they took her family home over as headquarters and because her married surname was Moses, the Nazis could have mistaken her for Jewish and she had to escape with her two boys.

Victoria then met her second husband, Thomas William Rump, in Shanghai, China and he arranged for them to travel to England. They married in England in 1939 and lived in Ashington, Northumberland. I understand that Victoria lost track of some of the members of her family in Poland but in the 1960’s she advertised for husbands for her nieces so that they could come to England. I believe she also had a sister who possibly went to America.  In 1949 her son migrated to Australia.  To date I have been unable to locate a death record for Victoria or her second husband.

I would be grateful of any leads and assistance.

WHITFIELD / DUFFY / PENGELLY / MOSES / OSIAL

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Poland: Victoria Emily Osial
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 January 13 18:01 GMT (UK) »
hi there,

firstly i will start by saying i did a polish family that escaped the Nazis and found them in a Red Cross camp in Italy before they immigrated to australia, however one son went to london upon them fleeing from poland.....

i have found this site valueable   by contact   

http://www.pgsa.org/

and this site as well

http://polishgeno.com/

cindis list site  has a lot of Polish genealogy database connection links as well

best I can do sorry   but good luck in your quest

m
 :)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 January 13 23:44 GMT (UK) »
Other threads relating to Victoria and her family:

Victoria Emily Osial (b. Approx 1910) (Other Countries)
JAPAN: Moses family late 1890s-1938 (other Countries)
Portsmouth - David Edward Moses (Hampshire & IOW)
David Edward MOSES (Australia)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline markdrogers99

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 January 13 01:05 GMT (UK) »
Other threads relating to Victoria and her family:

Victoria Emily Osial (b. Approx 1910) (Other Countries)
JAPAN: Moses family late 1890s-1938 (other Countries)
Portsmouth - David Edward Moses (Hampshire & IOW)
David Edward MOSES (Australia)

Thanks for referring to previous posts in respect to the Moses' as this may provide some furthrr background. Those posts did help me uncover information on Victoria's husband and children, one of those being my grandfather. As the posts were not directed about the Osial family and their affiliation to Poland, I felt seeking out addtional information about Victoria, her parents and siblings, prior to 1930 would possibly help me in my research.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
WHITFIELD / DUFFY / PENGELLY / MOSES / OSIAL

Offline delfina

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 02 February 14 03:15 GMT (UK) »
Dear Cousin,

Very sorry for my letter, but i do not know english.
Your great grandmother Wiktorja ( in polish ) and my grandmother Józefa ( in polish ) were sisters. I have the only one photo from Japan taken in 1924 r. the family Osial - parents Jan with wife Kazimiera and 4 sisters: Lucia ( Łucja in polish ) - the elder, next my grandmother Józefa born 1908, next Wiktorja and the younger Jadwiga.

My grandmother married Władysław Okmiński in Japan. Had 6 children including my mother (*). I do not know about Jan Osial neither about his wife Kazimiera. Lucia was lived and died in USA, childless. Jadwiga was lived in England, i dont know anything more.

My grandmother Józefa with husbund turned to Poland before II WW. After they divorced, and Józefa adjoind her sister in England.

Because my mother was left for adoption after her birth, she and my had little or any
contact with those people.

Best regards,
Delfina Mulawa

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 02 February 14 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Delfina,

I've removed some of your message because the people might still be living.  If you post a couple more times, you will be able to contact Mark by PM to exchange email addresses so you can talk more about your family.

Mark has not been on the board recently but hopefully will get an email letting him know this thread has been updated.

jorose
(board moderator)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 02 February 14 18:31 GMT (UK) »
www.freebmd.org.uk
no record of Jadwiga ? could Kazimiera have travelled to England with Jadwiga ??
if so - could this be Kazimiera ?  her death ?
december qtr 1957 OSIAL Kazimiera   aged 72   Wrexham 8a  467
that would make her born around 1884/85

oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford