Author Topic: Eleanor Ann TANNER  (Read 2625 times)

Offline allsaints1898

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eleanor Ann TANNER
« on: Friday 11 January 13 00:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thanks to those who helped out regarding my search for early info on Eleanor Ann Tanner.  I have been looking at what was sent, but still have a question I need to get answered.  Eleanor was born Oct 16, 1835 in Bermondsey.  Her father was William, a shipwright born in Bristol. He apparently had a first wife Mary Ann Middleton but she was not the mother of Eleanor.  Elizabeth (no last name) was.

This Elizabeth would be my great great great grandmother and I would really like to find out how I can find her last name.  It doesn't matter what I search (I am on Ancestry.ca) I can't seem to get any solid info.  Does anyone have a suggestion or possibly other sources available to you that I don't get on Ancestry?

regards,

LJ

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eleanor Ann Tanner
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 January 13 04:06 GMT (UK) »
Reading the other post here
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,630580.msg4784496.html#msg4784496

keyboard86 seems to have found William and Elizabeth's marriage in 23 July 1833. Elizabeth's maiden name Ball which is the middle name of their son Albert Ball Turner

Albert Ball Tanner
baptism - 17 Dec 1834
baptism place Saint Mary Magdelene Bermondsey London
father - Willm Tanner
mother - Elizth.

These  records are on familysearch.org which is free to search.
Added:- Albert Ball Tanner's baptism is also on ancestry.

Offline allsaints1898

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 January 13 17:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for your input, I will go to that site and see what I can find.  I would presume I could also find out when William, his first and second wife passed away.  I am putting together a family tree to pass on to my grandkids as I hope they will continue this as they get older.

regards,

LJ

Offline allsaints1898

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 January 13 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,

Was looking at info sent from Keyboard66 which I think fits the people I am looking for mainly because when Eleanor married Ambrose Parsons on June 01, 1863 a witness was an Elizabeth Lydia Tanner and there is an Elizabeth L on the 1851 and 1861 census sent me.  However, the finding of an Albert Ball Tanner by Ambly has confused things because of his apparent christening in 1840 (Keyboard66) and his baptism listed as Dec 17, 1834 (Ambly).  Does not make sense as he is not listed with any of the children on any of the census records sent to me.  Wallace was born abt 1833 and Eleanor definitely in 1835 so Albert could fit between the two I guess.  Is it possible he is part of this family but died.

regards.

LJ

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eleanor Ann TANNER
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 January 13 03:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi re Albert Ball Tanner, the 1834 christening is correct as reported by Ambly, so excuse my error!

It would appear this is Albert's death:-

Albert BELL (Ball on original) Tanner abode Bermondsey Wall buried 9th February 1835 at St Mary Magdelene Bermondsey aged 10 months

Also the death of Mary Ann:-

Mary Ann Tanner born abt 1794 abode Cherry Garden Stairs Burial 28th December 1831 St Mary Magdelene Bermondsey aged 37
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline allsaints1898

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 15 January 13 18:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi keyboard

Thanks for your input. The info on Albert Ball fits in and makes sense.  I actually found the death and burial notice for Mary Ann just yesterday.

Now I am searching for William Tanner's death date as well as his second wife's, Elizabeth Ball Tanner.

regards,

LJ

Offline allsaints1898

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 20 March 13 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Was wondering if anyone could help here.  Eleanor was married to Ambrose Parsons.  They lived mainly in Bolney, Sussex where they had their family.  The 1891 census has Ambrose with family running the Castle Inn Hotel at Hickstead.

I need to find out when exactly they began running that hotel and when they left.  I know they were around Croxley Green by 1901 and I know they were in Bolney from the 1881 census.

The reason I need to know is that I have a family photo of Ambrose, Eleanor and several of his family members outside the hotel.  Unfortunately, my grandmother only identified them in general terms like uncle, aunt, mother, etc.  If I could find out the info mentioned above, I have a good chance of recognizing who the others are by how young they are in this picture. 

Can anyone find out this info?  I live in western Canada and cannot find info myself.

crossing my fingers,

regards,

allsaints