Author Topic: Scott Ancestry  (Read 1898 times)

Offline JJSy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Ancestry
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 May 22 23:37 BST (UK) »
Attached is My Alexander Scott's Death Cert from the Scottish National Records.  Pretty sure this is my Alexander because of the location, the brother in law cited here matches and my mother's story about him walking off the end of a pier.  Mom thought he put Elizabeth Lang on a boat for America and he walked away but this proves that story wrong.  I am aware of the parents listed here but I have not found any other records to back it up.

Will contact the moderator about splitting this into a different thread.  Was hoping I found some one who had connections to my Thomas and Alexander Scott since both are in my tree.  Thanks for your help.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 18 May 22 04:39 BST (UK) »
Thomas Scott born Thorn-liebank Eastwood Renfrewshire he had 3 brothers that I know of William dob 1896, George dob 1902 and John dob? death 1985 he was a bachelor and lived with his sister Crissie in Renfrew her married name was Faulds.

I think this is likely the marriage...

SCOTT CATHERINE / FAULDS JOHN CARRUTHERS - 1933 - 573/1 22 Paisley

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 18 May 22 08:49 BST (UK) »
Alexander Scott married Mary Faulds in Paisley in 1827.

There are no records of baptism of any children in the SP index.

There is a death of Janet Scott, aged 27, mother's maiden surname Faulds, in Renfrew in 1859. Her death certificate should confirm or otherwise whether her parents were still living, which will narrow the search for them.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.