Author Topic: SIDNEY RHODES, SCULCOATES, E. YORKSHIRE  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: SIDNEY RHODES, SCULCOATES, E. YORKSHIRE
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 January 13 22:31 GMT (UK) »

According to FreeBMD, and the GRO Indexes (I have checked the original images) Christiana Gardiner married a Frederick W French, while Elisabeth H W Gardiner married Sidney Rhodes.

By 1934 the GRO Indexes included the spouses surname.
[/quote]

As both marriages took place at the same church in the same year, the only way to be certain would be to look at the parish register. The GRO indexes are transcriptions from the original register they could just as easily been mistranscribed as the entries on yorkshirebmd.
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 17 January 13 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi...There is a researcher on GenesReunited.com that has matches for Sydney Rhodes and Elizabeth Gardiner born in Hull for those dates...you can carry out a free search but would need Membership to contact the researcher but it is very cheap at just under £10.00 per year.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Carleton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 January 13 15:39 GMT (UK) »
To Bee & KGarrad,

Yes, the Yorkshire BMD site does have a different entry.  I had seen this earlier and was concerned that I didn't have the correct information regarding Sidney's marriage.  So, I wrote the E. Yorkshire register offiice some time ago and just yesterday received an answer from them.  The marriage indeed took place in Sept. 1934 between Sidney Rhodes and Elizabeth H W  Gardiner.  The complete entry corroborates the father of Sidney Rhodes' as John Thomas Rhodes.  Sidney's birth entry also states his parents as John Thomas Rhodes and Kate McQuade.  I feel very confident I have the correct information.

To Treetotal:  Yes, I have been in contact with the Genes Reunited researcher.  Thank you!

Again, I thank all of you for your time and effort....much appreciated.

Carleton
ROBINSON, Gtr. London & Kent; ELDRIDGE, Kent; BUSBY, Asthall, Oxford.; HAMILTON, So. Kensington, M'Sex, LANGFORD, Finstock, Oxfordshire. & Kensington, M'Sex; EELES, Windrush,Gloucester & Oxfordshire; CHAMBERLAIN, Upton, Berkshire; SMITH, Bethnal Green/Mile End.