Author Topic: Spicer LEACH  (Read 2543 times)

Offline wellsead

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Spicer LEACH
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 June 22 00:04 BST (UK) »
Hi! Thank you so much for replying. I have visited the grave of Mary Ann, wife of Thomas son of William Wellstead. This Ann dies earlier, making Mary Ann Leach the one still alive in 1891 renting two rooms with a family in hedge end. I will try to find her grave.

I am looking for the cause of death for her daughter Ellen (or Ellen Ann on some census records). She moved in with a Walter Leach (can’t see him on the family tree but it would be a huge coincidence if he isn’t a relative) who is running a school, like Ellen Ann’s mum Mary. Ellen is a servant, possibly employed to look after Walter’s very young child.

Ellen returns home to the Wellstead’s on the 1861 census but she seems to die very soon after, age 29. I can’t see a marriage record. Hugh Wellstead took me a long time to trace but I found his death in Aden, Bombay, a member of the British Army. Phinehas Wellstead is a mystery.

Did you say you were family? I am not, but I am living on Wellstead Way (named after them) and in close proximity to the now grade 2 where Mary lived and held her school.

Offline Spicer

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Spicer LEACH
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 21 February 23 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I'm researching the Leach family tree and interested in any further info on Mary Ann Wellstead nee Leach) and if there are any photos of her. Her brother Joseph was my 3x grandfather and Walter my 2x grandfather so also any further info on them would be appreciated. Thanks