Author Topic: Tracking Crewe from staffordshire  (Read 6320 times)

Offline mallow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking Crewe from staffordshire
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 21:19 BST (UK) »
hi Brae Louisa's sister Annie Catherine was my Great Grandmother we both share their Parents George and Harriet Williams as our 3x great Grandparents Dorothy Williams was not Louisa's mother she was their Stepmother have all the History if you are interested.  I was tracking Louisa's family to finish off my Ancestry, it is no wonder I could not find her if she remarried would love to hear some more.

Offline brae

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 June 09 13:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Mallow,
Didn't know about Harriet, thank you for that.
Haven't been doing the Williams side of the family very long.
I don't know much about George Dale who Louisa married.
Louisa and Frederick had  6 children including Dora, I cannot find Katie after the 1891 census. Frederick became one of the borough of Stafford's auditors. They had a son George who won the Military Medal and the French Croix de Guerra in 1918 for bravery in the field, must have been named after Louisa's father.
Will now look into Harriet and George, are they from the Stafford area? Thanks

Offline mallow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 June 09 17:34 BST (UK) »
HI brae ,I have all the information about George and Harriet save you looking it up, if you would like me to send a Pm rather than putting it all up here let me know. Georges 1st cousin (Louisa's Sisters son Frank also was honoured for bravery he was mentioned in dispatches, they have a wonderful history  behind them.  Do you know when Louisa died? or do you have any photos we can share I have some of my G Grandmother Annie Catheine. The Williams are all from the Stafford area