Author Topic: Family Bible found YEARSLEY family USA  (Read 9442 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Family Bible found YEARSLEY family USA
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 30 January 13 11:55 GMT (UK) »
I've posted on the Yearsley thread on the beginners board to see if there's any connection with the American Yearsleys.

Best wishes

Maria

If the information I found about the Yearsleys settling in Watervliet in the C17th is true, any connection will be a long way back.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 30 January 13 11:58 GMT (UK) »
William is on the 'New York, Civil War muster Roll Abstracts 1861-1900' on Ancestry, if anyone has a subscription. It doesn't give very much information.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 30 January 13 12:11 GMT (UK) »

Offline ken1950

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 02 February 13 15:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ken and welcome to Rootschat! 

Sadly they're not my family but I tried searching for their marriage and couldn't find it in the UK.  As you say lawn sale I guess you're somewhere warmer and less soggy than Britain!  Is there any indication where they lived? 

Heather  :)
Warmer climate,don't think so. Last week it was 10 below zero F.. I live in the Catskill Mountains of New York. I'd be glad to be wet & soggy. Thanks for the info.  :)

Offline Glen A Yearsley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 11 March 13 02:30 GMT (UK) »
Re - Yearsley's Bible USA

Thank you for posting the message to Roots regarding the bible and most of all thanks for maintaining the fact that is important to someone. A great find ..

I have an interest in it as I have been researching this line for about a year. I am a Yearsley Genealogical researcher and have been for over 20 years, researching worldwide. You will find my research on line for this family at Ancestry.ca with the heading Yearsley Tree - Watervliet, Albany, New York USA. I have a scanner and can and will, if you were to send it to me .. the photos, upload them add them to the tree on line. In this way the photos will remain in perpetuity. The family bible can also be scanned if the pages are intact and not fragile. In any case the bible would be archived and regarded highly ... Knowing the family history, I doubt that there is anyone at this time that would be wanting it.

Please contact me if you are willing to pass the photos and bible on for preservation.

Thanks again
Yours in Family History
Glen A. Yearsley

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 11 March 13 06:03 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Glen. I'm glad to see that someone with an interest in this bible has found this discussion. Who are you descended from?

... Knowing the family history, I doubt that there is anyone at this time that would be wanting it.
Do you mind elaborating?  :)

Offline ken1950

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 11 March 13 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Glen. I'm glad to see that someone with an interest in this bible has found this discussion. Who are you descended from?

... Knowing the family history, I doubt that there is anyone at this time that would be wanting it.
Do you mind elaborating?  :)
            I think I'm going to keep the bible until i get more replies . I have to be sure about who gets it.

Offline Glen A Yearsley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 11 March 13 19:54 GMT (UK) »
I am not certain who I am responding to here, I have 2 messages, both the same: Two different handles ...

William Ten Eych Yearsley married 2x, there were 3 children by the first marriage and 1 x the second. He, William, died in July 21, 1917 and is buried in the Albany Rural Cemetery, Menands Plot 127, Section 104.

I am not pushing for the Bible, You posted message, I answered it. But, I have the whole story and Family History, the Bible would only add to what I already have and it would be taken care of, as I previously mentioned. I am currently working on another family within that structure, The Ketcham's / Ketchum's. If you have any details on that side, I would also be interested in that.

As stated before, my research is on Ancestry.ca

Regards
Glen A. Yearsley

Offline bpogoda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 13 October 13 02:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Glen,

I am definitely interested in the Yearsley Family Bible.  I corresponded with you a long time ago.  Recently started researching the family again.  I'm descended to the Yearsley's through Jonas' line.  His son George J. & wife Elizabeth Ten Eyck.  William T. E. was George J.'s son.  This is the first time I've been on this website and have been having some trouble posting a reply.

Barbara Pogoda