Author Topic: Family Bible found YEARSLEY family USA  (Read 9435 times)

Offline Glen A Yearsley

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Family Bible found YEARSLEY family USA
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 13 October 13 02:46 BST (UK) »
Sorry - U have contacted the incorrect person. I know the line that you have mentioned but I am not the owner of the Bible. The owner did not want to co-operate with me. U will need to go back to the original message and seek the person out again.
Glen

Offline bpogoda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 13 October 13 03:40 BST (UK) »
I found a family Bible at a lawn sale. Name---William T E Yearsley born 1844 .Married to Mary Elcie Howd. 1864.born 1841. Family pictures and records.

I am related to this family.  Would love to see the Bible & pictures.  The T. E. in William's name is for Ten Eyck, his mother's maiden name.  He was the son of George J. Yearsley, and Elizabeth Eyck.  I have visited Albany Rural Cemetery where the family is buried many times. They lived in Watervliet, NY.  Earlier the name of the town was West Troy.  There are still some Yearsley descendants living in the area.
Barbara

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 13 October 13 13:52 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat Barbara. Would you mind telling us which Yearsley you are descended from?

Glen is correct. He is not the person who purchased the old bible. It was Ken1950 who puchased it - and he was hoping to find a living Yearsley descendant to pass the bible on to.

Glen is not a descendant which is probably why Ken did not want to "co-operate" with him.

For reasons still unexplained Glen also stated ...
Knowing the family history, I doubt that there is anyone at this time that would be wanting it.
...  ???

Are you a direct descendant of this family Barbara?

Ken has not been on rootschat for some months - I hope he receives notifcation of your reply Barbara.  :)

Offline bpogoda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 15 October 13 00:46 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat Barbara. Would you mind telling us which Yearsley you are descended from?

Glen is correct. He is not the person who purchased the old bible. It was Ken1950 who puchased it - and he was hoping to find a living Yearsley descendant to pass the bible on to.

Glen is not a descendant which is probably why Ken did not want to "co-operate" with him.

Knowing the family history, I doubt that there is anyone at this time that would be wanting it.
...  ???

Ken has not been on rootschat for some months - I hope he receives notifcation of your reply Barbara.  :)

...  ???

Welcome to Rootschat Glen. I'm glad to see that someone with an interest in this bible has found this discussion. Who are you descended from?

... Knowing the family history, I doubt that there is anyone at this time that would be wanting it.
Do you mind elaborating?  :)
            I think I'm going to keep the bible until i get more replies . I have to be sure about who gets it.
I found a family Bible at a lawn sale. Name---William T E Yearsley born 1844 .Married to Mary Elcie Howd. 1864.born 1841. Family pictures and records.

I am related to this family.  Would love to see the Bible & pictures.  The T. E. in William's name is for Ten Eyck, his mother's maiden name.  He was the son of George J. Yearsley, and Elizabeth Eyck.  I have visited Albany Rural Cemetery where the family is buried many times. They lived in Watervliet, NY.  Earlier the name of the town was West Troy.  There are still some Yearsley descendants living in the area.
Barbara

...  ???

Offline bpogoda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 15 October 13 00:55 BST (UK) »

...  ???

I am descended from Jonas Yearsley.  His children were William, George J., Henry, Stephen, Margaret Maria, Sarah Ellen, Mary & Elizabeth.  My line continues through George J. Yearsley.  He married Elizabeth Ten Eyck.  They had children.....Andrew, Ann, William T. E., Silas Wright, Maria V. A. & May.  The bible apparently belonged to William T. E.  His sister Maria V. A. is my line.  She married Elias Pullman Miller.  They lived in Watervliet, Albany County, NY.  Earlier it was called West Troy.  I have a photo of Maria & one of her sisters.  Would love to see the information and photos in the bible.
Barbara

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 15 October 13 04:19 BST (UK) »
Hi again Barbara.  :) I have sent a personal message to Ken to tell him that you have joined this thread. I'm sure he will be very pleased to find a direct descendant who is interested in the bible (despite Glen's doubts).
Good luck - I hope Ken returns very soon.  :)

Offline bpogoda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 15 October 13 16:30 BST (UK) »
Hi again Barbara.  :) I have sent a personal message to Ken to tell him that you have joined this thread. I'm sure he will be very pleased to find a direct descendant who is interested in the bible (despite Glen's doubts).
Good luck - I hope Ken returns very soon.  :)

I can't imagine why Glen said no one in the family would be interested.  I used to correspond with him years ago.  Guess he didn't remember me.
Barbara

Offline Glen A Yearsley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 15 October 13 19:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Barbara;
No, I do not recall you at all, sorry; perhaps your correspondence is on one of my old computers, I have had several upgrades and did not carry forward my e-mail and I have had at least 2 new e-mail providers; I am now on g-mail.

You may have also been in correspondence with Frank Southcott or Peggy Yearsley, Peggy I believe is from this line; can't recall exactly. Both Frank and Peggy were my USA go to people for Yearsley research; Peggy was situated in Erie and many of her messages can be found on Rootsweb; as are mine form many years past. Perhaps that is where we chatted ... ??  or perhaps on the Yearsley surname Rootsweb list which I originated some years ago.

My research is world wide for Yearsley's and in the past 2 - 3 years I have been working on the line in question; still not completed with focus now on the Ketchum line contained therein. I have sent for documents on one particular Ketchum marriage which I cannot confirm on-line. I have not released this line to Ancestry as yet and still have it listed a " Private " not Public.

However, should the holder of the Bible release it to you, I would be interested to know if you are willing to share copies of the photos to me by .jpg ( photo scan ) and or any other information that may be relevant to the Family research.

As you are from a maternal line you may not be interested but, one other party and myself have established a yDNA Yearsley study which is now in it's second year ( it is on-line ) as well we have established a Yearsley Genealogy website. Many connections have been made through the yDNA study but one of the links we are missing is the connection between the Yearsley's of Gloucestershire ( Forest of Dean ) and the Yearsley's of Cheshire. You mention that " There are still Yearsley's in the area "  ( Troy etc. ) and if you have means of knowing who they are, we would be interested in having them ( male ) joining our study. To date we do not have any female ( maternal ) studies started but again, we would welcome you as a member.

You mention a " Silas Wright " as being a brother to William Ten but I cannot locate that information from any census or birth records on line. Can you enlighten me on that. Additionally Maria married Elias P. Miller and had 6 children: George, Charles, William, Ella, Elizabeth, and Lena all between 1871 and 1888 - from which of these children do you come from ? I haven't carried on research for this branch beyond that .

regards
Glen A. Yearsley

Offline bpogoda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 15 October 13 20:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Barbara;
No, I do not recall you at all, sorry; perhaps your correspondence is on one of my old computers, I have had several upgrades and did not carry forward my e-mail and I have had at least 2 new e-mail providers; I am now on g-mail.

You may have also been in correspondence with Frank Southcott or Peggy Yearsley, Peggy I believe is from this line; can't recall exactly. Both Frank and Peggy were my USA go to people for Yearsley research; Peggy was situated in Erie and many of her messages can be found on Rootsweb; as are mine form many years past. Perhaps that is where we chatted ... ??  or perhaps on the Yearsley surname Rootsweb list which I originated some years ago.

My research is world wide for Yearsley's and in the past 2 - 3 years I have been working on the line in question; still not completed with focus now on the Ketchum line contained therein. I have sent for documents on one particular Ketchum marriage which I cannot confirm on-line. I have not released this line to Ancestry as yet and still have it listed a " Private " not Public.

However, should the holder of the Bible release it to you, I would be interested to know if you are willing to share copies of the photos to me by .jpg ( photo scan ) and or any other information that may be relevant to the Family research.

As you are from a maternal line you may not be interested but, one other party and myself have established a yDNA Yearsley study which is now in it's second year ( it is on-line ) as well we have established a Yearsley Genealogy website. Many connections have been made through the yDNA study but one of the links we are missing is the connection between the Yearsley's of Gloucestershire ( Forest of Dean ) and the Yearsley's of Cheshire. You mention that " There are still Yearsley's in the area "  ( Troy etc. ) and if you have means of knowing who they are, we would be interested in having them ( male ) joining our study. To date we do not have any female ( maternal ) studies started but again, we would welcome you as a member.

You mention a " Silas Wright " as being a brother to William Ten but I cannot locate that information from any census or birth records on line. Can you enlighten me on that. Additionally Maria married Elias P. Miller and had 6 children: George, Charles, William, Ella, Elizabeth, and Lena all between 1871 and 1888 - from which of these children do you come from ? I haven't carried on research for this branch beyond that .

regards
Glen A. Yearsley

Hi Glen,

In your research have you found any information on the parents of Jonas Yearsley?  I'm still looking for it.  I don't know where I found the information on Silas Wright Yearsley.  He was born 29 Sep 1846 in W. Troy and died 6 Aug 1847 in W. Troy.  I will have to get my files out to find that information. 

My line from Elias Pullman Miller is through his son Charles Alexander Miller.  He was named after a cousin Charles Yearsley who died in the Civil War leading a charge in Virginia.  There's a lot of information on him at the Hall of Records in Albany.  Then Charles A. Miller, had  a son he also named Charles A.  He was my grandfather, although I never met him.  He died before I was born.  His daughter Mary was my mother. 
Barbara