Author Topic: Casey family, Maiden Street, Newcastle West  (Read 2222 times)

Offline dhaskett

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Casey family, Maiden Street, Newcastle West
« on: Wednesday 30 January 13 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

My wife's family are Casey's from Maiden Street, Newcastle West. Here they are in the 1911 Census:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Limerick/Newcastle_Urban/Maiden_Street/639880/

I know that Hannah moved to Liverpool, and I have quite a lot of information about her. But I would like to find out more about her brothers John (a Tailor) and Michael (a Carpenter). Are there any commercial directories for Limerick around that time?

Thanks,

David

Offline Becky_L

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Casey family, Maiden Street, Newcastle West
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 December 23 23:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi - not sure if this is any help to you so much later. But Hannah is the younger sister of Bridget Baker and Ellen Casey living at property 37 on that census. Hannah’s older brother, Michael, is my direct ancestor.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 December 23 11:59 GMT (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

But Hannah is the younger sister of Bridget Baker and Ellen Casey living at property 37 on that census. Hannah’s older brother, Michael, is my direct ancestor.

1911 census
House 37 in Maiden Street (Newcastle Urban, Limerick).
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Limerick/Newcastle_Urban/Maiden_Street/639874/

Marriage of Thomas Baker to Bridget Casey - 13 November 1905 - Newcastle West RC Church.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1905/10186/5706353.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Becky_L

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 December 23 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks! I’ve been lurking for a while. I also realised after posting that I’d replied to the wrong thread although same author so…!

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 10 December 23 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Hannah’s older brother, Michael, is my direct ancestor.

Who did Michael Casey marry and when?

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Becky_L

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 10 December 23 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Mary Hogan, in Rathkeale, 14.10.1919. He gave his profession as a soldier, and he was later in the 1923 military census as a private rifleman in the 4th Southern.

Their second son, Patrick (named for her father) was born in 1922 and he is my grandfather.

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 11 December 23 08:17 GMT (UK) »
Becky

The person who queried this family hasn’t been on this website for over two years.

Regards

Offline Becky_L

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 11 December 23 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Ah well…

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 11 December 23 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Ah well…

Since you have now made more than two posts, you can use the RootsChat PM (Personal Message) system to attempt to contact the OP (dhaskett), who may be receiving e-mail notifications to their current e-mail address and may respond to your PM.

When logged in, just click on My Messages (in the dark brown bar at the top) and then click ‘Send a Message’. Type in the name of the recipient, then click on the light blue link just below.

Type a Subject, compose your message (including any data and/or e-mail address), preview if necessary and then click ‘Send Message’.

Good luck.  :D