Author Topic: Robert TYDERLEIGH  (Read 1054 times)

Offline druschki

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Robert TYDERLEIGH
« on: Wednesday 30 January 13 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi folks, I am looking for some evidence or records that Robert Tyderleigh of Chardstock, Somerset married Ann, Anne, Anna or Hannah Cogan about 1657. She is most likely his second wife. Many thanks for your help.
Brown (Bodham, Middlesbrough), Griffiths (Blaina, Stockton), Randall (Harmondsworth, Islington), Harland (Westminster, Richmond)

Offline shirl100

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Tyderleigh
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 31 January 13 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

Chardstock at that time was in Dorset (later years Devon), if you check Dorset OPC www.dorsetopc.org there are good transcriptions for Chardstock, I had a very quick look but couldn't see a marriage for Robert there. However it looks like the first child baptised at Chardstock was Elizabeth 10/2/1656 d of Robert Tiderleigh esq and Anna (there are more and unfortunately loads of burials too)

The Dorest OPC page for Chardstock also shows neighbouring parishes which you could try for Robert's marriage

Shirl
North,Noble,Harrison,Seller - North Riding Yorks parishes
Brown,Brooks,Watson - Belper/Duffield Derbys
Hole - Ashover Derbys
Webb, Flavell, Mason - Staffs (mainly Sedgley)
Bevan,Beamond - Chirbury Shropshire
Longridge - Northumberland/Durham
Freeman - Hampshire, Oxfordshire,Sussex
Smith - Derbyshire and Yorkshire
Whitehead - Yorkshire
Morris - St Pancras Yorkshire etc

Offline druschki

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Tyderleigh
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 February 13 00:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shirl,

Many, many thanks for pointing me to the excellent Dorset online parish clerk website for Chardstock.  I am searching for any evidence of a marriage of Ann (Cogan) about 1657 to the local Lord of the manor Robert Tyderleigh (Tytherleigh). There are indeed records of their baptisms in the parish records of St Andrew, Chardstock but no marriage.
Best wishes.
Brown (Bodham, Middlesbrough), Griffiths (Blaina, Stockton), Randall (Harmondsworth, Islington), Harland (Westminster, Richmond)