Author Topic: Marriage John Emmett and Sarah Hanes  (Read 4841 times)

Offline Abiam2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage John Emmett and Sarah Hanes
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 03 February 13 10:12 GMT (UK) »
Not having any luck!  As a lot of my family had the misfortune to be living in Tyrells buildings I  thought it was going to be fairly easy.  Wrong as I realised from the 1841 that they were not born in the county.  Really don't know where to try next and think this is why I gave up on this branch a few years ago!

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 February 13 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Family search has a Sarah Crutchfield born 10 Jan 1815 baptised Bray 26 Mar 1815 parents Samuel and Joanna, who would be worth considering especially as your Sarah's first child is Samuel. Samuel and Joanna are in Cookham Union Workshouse in 1851 but I can't find them in 1841.

Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 03 February 13 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
In case it should prove useful, although it looks now as if the Hanes name is not the one.
Although it says this Maria was born in Cookham, she is the same age as the Maria in the 1841 census, so maybe worth investigating.

MORTIMORE, Martha Head Widow 76  Formerly Servant Hertfordshire
HAYNS, Maria Nurse Widow 75Nurse Cookham, Berkshire 
Piece: 1694 Folio: 165 Page: 19   sched 98 
Civil Parish: Bray.
Address: Number 31,Jesus Hospital Or Bray Almshouses

Deaths Sep 1865 
Haines  Maria     Cookham  2c 247

Deaths Jun 1846
Haynes  Charles     Cookham  6 111

Berks Burial Index has a Maria Haines age 87 of Cookham Union House Maidenhead buried on 18th July 1865, and a Charles Haynes age 81 of Maidenhead on 9 June 1846. I could not find Maria in 1861.

Do you have the baptisms of any of John Emmett and Sarah's children?? Some are on familysearch
Vicwinann

Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline Abiam2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 04 February 13 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
It looks as though you have the right marriage.  And there seem to be a lot of children trying to check them out.  Thanks for your help i think we are on the right track and maybe the Hanes will connect somewhere
abiam2