Author Topic: Medical Records  (Read 2556 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Medical Records
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 06:03 GMT (UK) »
This is probably not very helpful, but shall press on :)

The KENNETH born in 1918 has a specific birthdate given on the Tree of 7/7/1918

He enlisted for ww2 RAAF and gave this birthdate and a second given name JAMEs

His NOK was MARY

http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/Veteran.aspx?serviceId=R&veteranId=1061772

A marriage to a MARY

REG 9436 IN 1943 ROBERTSON KENNETH JAMES
 NANKERVIS MARY CHATTERTON
 CHATSWOOD

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Freckle

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Thank you majm, sparrett, cando and Dundee,
You have all been very busy, thank you so much.
I did get the transcript for the Newcastle couple and its not them. I think uncle may have been saddled with his grandfathers middle name of Adolphus, as he is down numerous times with the middle initial of A, including parents death, my parents marriage cert and his birth entry.
His mother was Minnie, father deceased 1940. Lived in Chippendale and Riverwood area in Sydney, born 1916.
The Newcastle Robertsons, though related, are not the ones I'm after. Sadly, received an email this morning about a cousins death this week from this branch.

Thank you all so much for the massive effort.

majm this is the reply I got:
The Public Access Terminal contains only the current Electoral Roll and is
only accessible to view your own enrolment.

We are unable to help you to examine the NSW Electoral Rolls post 1980 and
can only suggest that you contact the National Archives or State Libraries

Thank heaps everyone.
Cheers
Freckle
Robertson, Coulon, Philipofski, Jewell, Minchinton, Bain, Innes, Sinclair, McBe/a/th, McDougall, Fletcher, Fowler, Chance, Fitzsimmons, Brooks, Agnew, Turner, Melvin, Hyland, Potterton, Pullen, Cotterell, McKellar, Braund, Harvey, Davey, Kennedy, Foulks, Prouse.
Home page http://myrobertsons.tribalpages.com

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 21:51 GMT (UK) »

As far as I am aware, the Public Access Terminal is MEANT to be available to provide any person with access to the current electoral rolls.  It is NOT meant to restrict the person inspecting the roll to ONLY their own enrolment.    I agree though that electoral Rolls that are no longer current are held by the State Libraries.   

Perhaps you can contact your local members (state and federal) to establish how he/she obtains a full copy of the electoral roll and thus knows how to contact their constituents by snail mail, particularly around election times....   

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 22:08 GMT (UK) »
I have visited the local AEC on occaision and without the slightest obstacle surveyed the current Commonwealth Electoral Roll.

http://www.aec.gov.au/Enrolling_to_vote/About_Electoral_Roll/

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 09 February 13 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Freckle,
I am not following your thread all that well  ??? But have gleaned that you are looking for the whereabouts of your Uncle Kenny.
I am not sure what years they go up to off hand, but NSW State Records have probate packets which might be of use to you.
If you are able to access the archives, you might first try finding probate packets for both of Kenny's parents, and then siblings, as they might contain an address for him, which could give you a lead.
Someone else might be able to advise if this is relevant to your research.
Katharine.

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 10 February 13 00:40 GMT (UK) »

As far as I am aware, the Public Access Terminal is MEANT to be available to provide any person with access to the current electoral rolls.  It is NOT meant to restrict the person inspecting the roll to ONLY their own enrolment.    I agree though that electoral Rolls that are no longer current are held by the State Libraries.   
Cheers,  JM

Last year, the Electoral Office in Cleveland was closed.  A year or so prior I visited it to find someone's address and discovered that where previously we had access to all of Australian rolls, they now would give access only to the LOCAL roll, which is possibly what the message about 'your own enrolment' means.
If I wanted to find out about people outside our electorate I had to go visit the main office in central Brisbane.
All to do with the confounded privacy legislation, I believe  >:(  >:(

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline Freckle

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 10 February 13 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Dawn,
don't the AEC know not all of us have access like them there city folk do. lol Takes over 8 hours to get to Brisbane or Sydney. Alt, 3 hours to Dubbo, involving an overnight stay. My cousin has told me her eyes are nearly right and she will look for me. Sparrett, I also thought it wouldn't be a problem.
Thank you for your suggestions and input everyone.
Katharine, no Wills online for the parents. I have been in touch with 2 siblings executors and no luck there, so will concentrate on his folks. Thank you for your help.

Thank you everyone...again, where would I be without you all???

Cheers
Freckle
Robertson, Coulon, Philipofski, Jewell, Minchinton, Bain, Innes, Sinclair, McBe/a/th, McDougall, Fletcher, Fowler, Chance, Fitzsimmons, Brooks, Agnew, Turner, Melvin, Hyland, Potterton, Pullen, Cotterell, McKellar, Braund, Harvey, Davey, Kennedy, Foulks, Prouse.

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 10 February 13 02:58 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked at your "local" library, noting your distance from Dubbo.

They "should" have microfische of the electoral rolls, from 1903 to current times.

I have used the ones at my local library for checking the address changes of various family members.

Hope this is of some use.

AC

Offline Freckle

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 10 February 13 03:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi AC,
I can check up to 1980 online, our local library has the same. They have just discovered biros, fountain pens are on the way out it seems. ha ha
Thanks for your idea.

Cheers
Freckle