Author Topic: Looking for burials Largo Fife.  (Read 1869 times)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for burials Largo Fife.
« on: Tuesday 05 February 13 23:59 GMT (UK) »
My g/g/aunt Isobel McLaren born 1853 Port of Monteith, died 08 Aug 1939 Largo Fife, and her husband Robert Wilson died 01 Apr 1928 Largo, Fife.  Both lived at Lundin Links.  I have no idea as to cemeteries in this area  ??? so can someone help please.  Would also be interested in the deaths and burials of their daughter Kate Fowlis Wilson who married a James Forrester they married at Elie in Fife and as James was witness to both the death of Isobel and Robert would have been in the general area.
Any help appreciated..thank you as always.
Regards Patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for burials Largo Fife.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 08:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,

SP have a Kate Foulis Forrester(other surname Wilson) death 1979 Midlothian , born c1895 , mother's maiden surname McLaren.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 21:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Ev - Did have that info was just a long shot that she may have been buried with parents..that is if they were buried in Largo ???? still hunting around for that one..just don't know.
Regards Patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline MCThomson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 February 13 13:06 GMT (UK) »
My g/g/aunt Isobel McLaren born 1853 Port of Monteith, died 08 Aug 1939 Largo Fife, and her husband Robert Wilson died 01 Apr 1928 Largo, Fife.  Both lived at Lundin Links.  I have no idea as to cemeteries in this area  ??? so can someone help please.

There are 2 Cemeteries in Largo (which is split into Upper Largo & Lower Largo):

Largo Cemetery , North Feus, Upper Largo, KY8 6ER, and
Largo And Newburn Parish Church , Church Place, Upper Largo, KY8 6EH

The records may be in the County Buildings Cupar with the Burials Clerk in the Council's Bereavement Services: Tel  01334 659336 or Liz Murphy, Bereavement Services Manager at Kirkcaldy Tel: 08451 55 55 55 + Ext 47 66 81

I've just been in touch with the Burials Clerk in Cupar regarding my Great Grandmother and they were most helpful - they got back to me in a couple of day with the name of the cemetery and the plot number.  It's easier for them to look back if you have date & place of death.

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 09 February 13 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that MC at least now I know the cemeteries, the only problem now is getting in touch with them...as I am in Australia makes ringing a little expensive  ;D once again thanks for the info.
Regards Patvp

Offline MCThomson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 09 February 13 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that MC at least now I know the cemeteries, the only problem now is getting in touch with them...as I am in Australia makes ringing a little expensive

You can make an online enquiry using this form: http://bit.ly/XjGYn4 - just need to put the name of both cemeteries in the subject box

Hope that helps