Author Topic: hutchins/hankinson?  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Grace McMillan

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: hutchins/hankinson?
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 22:01 GMT (UK) »
they were married, can you have a look for me?
plz?
Grace Olivia McMillan!x

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 22:38 GMT (UK) »
There is a possible marriage in 1849- click on the number in blue on FreeBMD and you will get a list of all those who were on the same page in the marriage register.If one of those was called Caroline,then you probably have your girl.

However genealogy isn't always as simple as that and to avoid barking up the wrong tree,do as Liz says and order the birth cert of one of the kids (from the GRO for £9-25) to be sure of her maiden name.

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 07 February 13 08:12 GMT (UK) »
they were married, can you have a look for me?
plz?

I don't know how you can possibly know this, as you only discovered them a few hours ago and have not yet found a marriage! Just because people say 'married' on a census it doesn't necessarily mean they were!

But, the 1849 marriage is looking hopeful.
Let us know what you have found out from freebmd about it, following Carols instructions.

If you were to take out a subscription to Ancestry or go to your local library and see if they have ancestry access, you can see the parish register for that marriage. I think there are also some PRs for the children's christenings.

But before I look up anything else for you, it would be good if you got to grips with some of the basics, like freebmd, as Aghadowey (and numerous others on other threads) have said.

So - that's it from me, till YOU come back with what YOU can find about Thomas and Caroline, and any possible marriage!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk