Author Topic: Moore Street market people - COMPLETED  (Read 3474 times)

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Moore Street market people
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 09 February 13 09:47 GMT (UK) »
Hiya, my Granny Diney died in the 1980's but worked the stall up 'til then.

She was at Trader John's next to the Featherstone's..................she was well known ....................HA trust me.............just say the surname Mulready

Annie Mooney was up at the corner of the laneway.................sorry I'm not sure when she passed away.

Thanks

Tara
hi tara when you say annies stall was at the laneway corner, which side of the street do mean, there are basically 4 corners at that spot...one laneway corner is beside the ilac centre...on the opposite side, the lane leads to moore lane and up into henry st...now if its that side of the street i know the 2 girls that own the stall to the right as you look across from the ilac, a good friend of mines mother sold next to them for years, her daughter now has the pitch.
further on down the street towrds parnell st there is another corner of a lane,thats just beside the lidl store and that too leads up to the rear of moore st..(moore lane).
i will ask about what became of annie,im sure somene will remeber. its great that these people havent been forgotten about especially as what is planned for moore st...may their spirit live on.

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 09 February 13 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Hiya it was the corner with the bakery on it (well that's what I remember being there in the 80's) opposite the Ilac Centre

If you stand say with Henry Street to your back and you are looking down towards Parnell Street.....I would call it the far right corner (hope that makes sense)

These are two pictures of her that I had found

My Dad was very fond of her and said she made the best coddle EVER

Tara

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 09 February 13 11:38 GMT (UK) »
sent yu a pm tara.

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 15 February 13 12:02 GMT (UK) »
.. and also interested in any response to Paddy's query re. Mary Quirke.  I too have a much earlier Mary Anne Quirk who was a fish-seller and living in Moore Street in 1911.

If the pitches are regularly handed down within the family, I wonder if it's possible to trace family that way.

hi..having successfully traced paddys mary and contacted family,i asked abut your quirke family,from the info i recieved,it turns out that they are a completely different family to paddys, but my contact is familar with the people you are enquiring about,if you like to pm or email me i will give the info i have so far and we can work from there.
thanks don.

Offline DevonPaddyB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 15 February 13 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Grizzly1,
I just wanted to go on public record to say what a great job you've done away from the site and how much it is appreciated - many thanks!
DPB
Ireland: Quirk(e), Flood, Quin, Toole,
Byrne, Brennan, Walsh
England: Andrews, Powell, Freeman, Yarnold, Mason,
Wainwright, Biddlestone, Sanders, Perrin

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 15 February 13 12:25 GMT (UK) »
Grizzly1,
I just wanted to go on public record to say what a great job you've done away from the site and how much it is appreciated - many thanks!
DPB
thanks paddy, its a wee bit easier for myself as im not shy about asking questions,my outlook is always ask, sure they can only say no..lol.
plus im living in north inner city dub and from the sth inner city...best of both worlds.
glad to be of service.

Offline DevonPaddyB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 09 March 13 13:03 GMT (UK) »
I have now made contact with a relative of Mary Quirke who confirms that it is the same lady in the photo, and her parents were Denis Quirke and Kate/Annie Lambe. Not yet established if that Denis was the brother of my GF James Quirke.
Many thanks to everyone who helped with this query.
Ireland: Quirk(e), Flood, Quin, Toole,
Byrne, Brennan, Walsh
England: Andrews, Powell, Freeman, Yarnold, Mason,
Wainwright, Biddlestone, Sanders, Perrin