Author Topic: Farrell family Bride Street Wexford  (Read 11881 times)

Offline Janis Griffiths

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Farrell family Bride Street Wexford
« Reply #45 on: Monday 26 November 18 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Johanna was my grandmother by her second marriage to Joseph Browne who died in London about 1949. She was also known as Cissy by her family as she had a number of brothers.

The actual family home seems to have been knocked down at some stage because we took my father to Wexford and he couldn't see it though he recalled the street. We chatted to an old guy who remembered the family and confirmed that some houses had gone. I know a lot of the family served in the military and that movement back and forth to Liverpool was frequent. Others went to London and I think there was an Aunty in Southend.

Offline srr1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 27 November 18 09:06 GMT (UK) »
Send me a message please as I think your Dad Gerald and my Dad were cousins.
Thanks.

Offline Janis Griffiths

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 27 November 18 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that. I have sent an email to you and am interested in what you know.

Offline AndreaG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 31 March 19 11:05 BST (UK) »
Johanna was my grandmother by her second marriage to Joseph Browne who died in London about 1949. She was also known as Cissy by her family as she had a number of brothers.

Janis,

Johanna is my great-grandmother by her first marriage to Michael Murphy, her daughter Mary Murphy being my grandmother.

I don't suppose you have any information about what happened to Michael Murphy? He would have died some time between 1922 and 1927 but I'm struggling to find any death records!

Offline Janis Griffiths

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 31 March 19 11:45 BST (UK) »
Fantastic, I knew Aunty Mary and loved her very much. She died when I was about 10; Dad was devastated by it. I was rather hoping to find out more about her and the Murphy side of the family. Theresa and Jean spent time with us as children and I have photos of Theresa as a young woman. I can certainly point you in the direction you are looking for. Can you contact me via another of our cousins, Shaun Farrell who will be contacting you later? He'll pass on my details. He can tell you about Michael Murphy, but I can also tell you the story about that and how Johanna married Joseph Browne.

Offline AndreaG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 31 March 19 11:56 BST (UK) »
I have a message from Shaun, I'll send an email shortly.

Theresa is my mother, sadly Jean died 3 years ago but Mary's boys Michael, Ronnie and Jerry are still going strong.

Offline Janis Griffiths

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 31 March 19 11:57 BST (UK) »
AndreaG. I tried to send a personal message about Michael Murphy as I have his death certificate here, but the website is telling me that your inbox is full. Could you try and pm me with your details as I would like to know more about my father's siblings and can tell you something of Johanna's life. Many thanks indeed.

Offline AndreaG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 31 March 19 12:32 BST (UK) »
Janis, I've sent you an email, it has come from my gmail account.

Shaun, thank you for the information in your private message.