Author Topic: Help please: Catton/Halstead/Wilby  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Amanda H

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help please: Catton/Halstead/Wilby
« on: Saturday 09 February 13 18:39 GMT (UK) »
I have been looking for the last 10 years for relatives in England, related to my great-great-great grandmother Sarah Catton. She married Thomas Halstead at St Peters Church in Morley. They had two sons born in England named George and Albert. Sarah was born on Jan 1, 1860. Her parents were John and Elizabeth Catton. She had 3 sisters Ann, Amelia and Elizabeth. Also she had a brother named John. Her parents and siblings stayed in England. Thomas immigrated to America first to Illinois, USA. Sarah at 21 years old immigrated with George and Albert later.
Other names I have are Dennis and Elsie Wilby and Gladys. I have 4 pictures of these 3 people taken in Blackpool, England in 1982. Also excerpts from old letters with the names Bertha, Allie, Mary, Arthur, Gerty, Ethel, Norman, Brook, James, Sally, Lucy, Edith, Jim, and Eleanor. Dennis and Elsie had a daughter named Ann. 
Old addresses include the towns of Morley, Cleckheaton, and Heckmondwicke.
My great aunt Clara was successful in contacting them in the 80's. She had a nephew in the airforce that went and stayed with them. Since that time she passed away and her nephew had a house fire, all information he had was lost in the fire. Only a few pictures and bits of information remain and anyone else that knew how to reach our cousins has gone with god.
If anyone can help it would be truly appreciated. This means a lot to our family.
Sincerely,
Amanda

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help please: Catton/Halstead/Wilby
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 February 13 21:07 GMT (UK) »
This is a duplicate post.

To avoid double-ups of effort, please see the exact same topic on West Riding Board:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,635063.0.html

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)