Author Topic: isabella spencer  (Read 3054 times)

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
Re: isabella spencer
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 17:37 GMT (UK) »
That could be alice Ann burial record
goodchild,gray,pitcher,popejoy,page,paul,edmonds,norris quatreman,gutteridge..wycombe birmingham .lazarus john francis india ,garrood,flick essex burnham ,Gudge surry n dorset ,alderton walton on thames an hampshire  kezia stapley frensham surry  ,holcroft bishopsgate manchester,matilda moxham jefferys bermondsey charles coates suffolk n cobham surry,mary white ripley surrey .turner suffolk .Fox n bruckshaw manchester ireland .clegg lancashire and moore ireland ,joseph clegg manchester

Offline Hassy Girl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 17:54 GMT (UK) »
That particular Alice Ann Morris is buried at Haslingden Cemetery along with a few others.

BRADSHAW,Hannah   77      4.10.23      71 Deardengate
MORRIS,Alice Ann                58      13.1.36      Blackpool
MORRIS,Catherine Cecilia   53      24.12.07   4 Dale st
MORRIS,Thomas                61      2.10.24      71 Deardengate
MORRIS,William                50      21.6.09      Blackpool

I only have the records until 1968 so there may be others in as well.

I was going to check the newspapers after tea to see if the obits throw up any clues.

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 17:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi all im quite confused as there is a few trees on ancestory with alice Ann father being a Richard or Hudson Spencer and her 2 nd husband being a George Edward cordon Morris and her first husband being herbet holroyd but that doesn't match with the opc records ?
goodchild,gray,pitcher,popejoy,page,paul,edmonds,norris quatreman,gutteridge..wycombe birmingham .lazarus john francis india ,garrood,flick essex burnham ,Gudge surry n dorset ,alderton walton on thames an hampshire  kezia stapley frensham surry  ,holcroft bishopsgate manchester,matilda moxham jefferys bermondsey charles coates suffolk n cobham surry,mary white ripley surrey .turner suffolk .Fox n bruckshaw manchester ireland .clegg lancashire and moore ireland ,joseph clegg manchester

Offline Hassy Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 17:58 GMT (UK) »
It could be just a co-incidence that Alice Ann was a witness at the wedding and that she is not Isabella's mother. I will go and have a look to see if I can find an obit and clear it up

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 20:34 GMT (UK) »
ok ty

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 14 August 13 22:29 BST (UK) »
Hi all I've been researching Isabella's mothers side of the tree  .Alice Ann Spencer .I think Alice Ann's father is Hudson Spencer and her mother is Sarah firth .Ive also found Hudson's parents Stevenson Spencer and  Isabella danbrough  maybey Isabella was named after her .also Alice Ann had a sister called Martha Elizabeth who married Edwin pickles  .I'm wondering if the witness Sarah pickles at Isabella's marriage to Mr basses is perhaps Alice Ann's niece ? .

I thought perhaps i was on the right track ,but theres something that doesn't make sense .and is confusing me .In 1901 Alice Ann married Mr George Edward cordin Morris .but Ive  found a marriage in 1902 between Alice Ann Spencer and Herbert holbroyd in bradford and it says the spouses father is called  Hudson Spencer .which goes with the top paragraph .But confusing bit ...she married Mr Morris in 1901 so I'm not sure what to think .theres also the info on her daughters Isabella's marriage to Mr basset stating Izzy's  father as being a Herbert Spencer .which is maybey Herbert holroyd but then Izzy was born in 1899.and I'm left thinking that if Alice married Mr Morris her surname would of been Morris when she married Herbert holroyd ,I'm quite confused . ???

Offline heatherjulie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 15 August 13 09:20 BST (UK) »
Hi
I don't know if this is the Hudson you mean but I will post census details

Hudson 49 single born Bradford Boarder living in Miles Platting, Manchester with Margaret and Austin Craven Iron moulder 3757/18/27

Hudson 35 single born Bradford Yorks Lodger  living in Newton, Manchester with Thomas, Ann and John Bradley  Iron moulder 3253/128/19

Hudson 30 single born Bradford Lodger living in Thornaby, Middlesbrough Metal Moulder Unemployed 4862/134/25

Hudson 19 single living with his parents Stemson and Isabella and family in Bradford Iron moulder
4455/31/20

Hudson 9 living with his parents Thompson and Isabella in Bradford 3317/66/29

Heather

Offline heatherjulie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 15 August 13 09:34 BST (UK) »
117 Jowett St, Bradford
Hartley Firth 64
William Hartley Firth 11 son
Sarah Spencer 30 daughter
Martha Elizabeth Spencer 5 grand daughter
Alice Ann Spencer 3 grand daughter born Keighley, Yorks

4453/5/3

Martha Elizabeth Spencer christened Bradford St Peter 22nd December 1875 parents Hudson Spencer and Sarah