Author Topic: David Hartley born Ovenden in 1772 died 1851 Rastrick.  (Read 1149 times)

Offline firefox1960

• RootsChat Senior
  • Judge us by our actions
    • View Profile
David Hartley born Ovenden in 1772 died 1851 Rastrick.
« on: Thursday 14 February 13 13:48 GMT (UK) »
I have hit a major brickwall with my 4 x great grandfather- David Hartley b 1772 Ovenden.
I am aware he was a none conformist,He married Sarah Whitley at St Johns Halifax on 10/07/1791.
I am aware his father was called David,there seem to be links to the Ovenden,Wheatley and Illingworth area to the family.
Could some kind soul suggest how I might progress further with my search for David's Parentage.
I know I have asked about this previously,but I would love to be pointed in the right direction.
Kind regards Brian. :)

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: David Hartley born Ovenden in 1772 died 1851 Rastrick.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 February 13 14:05 GMT (UK) »
Yes, there seem to be at least a dozen requests for the same information going back several years.

if it hasn't turned up by now, then it's quite likely it doesn't exist.
You may have to accept that it is a stone wall.

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline firefox1960

• RootsChat Senior
  • Judge us by our actions
    • View Profile
Re: David Hartley born Ovenden in 1772 died 1851 Rastrick.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 February 13 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pauline
You could well be right on this,I have been advised that there are issues with the illingworth parish records,and there is a suggestion of a link to the Philosopher David Hartley,but there is no evidence regarding that.
I have noticed a tree on Ancestry which matches elements of mine,and they Have Davids Father as David Heartley b Illingworth 1743- Married -Sarah Pickles 6Th January 1763.
I have sent a message regarding this to establish how they confirmed the link.
Over the years - various suggestions have been offered regarding David Hartley,and sadly I have failed to progress the search any further.
Kindest regards Brian. ;)