Author Topic: Dead but apparently not  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Irishseeker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dead but apparently not
« on: Saturday 16 February 13 04:04 GMT (UK) »
Yep again I have a rellie who died about 1956, but no death or marriage recorded. Rose Heaney b 1905 to Patrick and Grace Ann (Wedlock) married Henry (Harry) Sinclair about 1922-1929? 2 Children (name deleted as they may well still be living). Rose died 1956? All immediate members of her family, parents and siblings, came to New Zealand in the mid to late 1920s. This was a mixed marriage apparently, but why can't I find any certs. Please can anyone help me?

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dead but apparently not
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 February 13 04:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi

There looks to be a marriage between Rose Heaney and Harry Sinclair in 1941, unfortunately it is outside the range that can be downloaded from Scotlandspeople.

Andy

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 February 13 10:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi all ,

It would seem that Harry and Rose divorced -
Harry Sinclair v Rose Heaney or Crake or Sinclair, Divorce 1948(National Archives/Records of Scotland)

There is a marriage Hector Crake / Rosina Heaney 1922 Midlothian  :-\

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 February 13 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked at Rosina Heaney(other surname Sinclair) death 1957 Kirkintilloch Dunbarton , born c1904 ?

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Irishseeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 February 13 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Blimey that was quick.Firstly,they definitely did not divorce,so those two are out,Ev
The marriage of 1941 doesn't sound right Andycand,but where you did you find the death in KIrkintilloch ev,I work on SP constantly also deceasedonline,findagrave etc.but nothing.
I don't understand what is meant by "outside the range that can be dowloaded by SP".Obviously I am an amateur at this.I would love to know where you found this death though,as I think it will answer a couple of family issues, ;)Many thanks to you both.I will keep looking for the marriage though,it must have been before the rest of the family emmigrated in the mid 20s. Meantime,many thanks to you

Offline Irishseeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 16 February 13 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Don't you just hate it when you are sooooooo wrong!!!!!!!!Just found the death,and yes they were divorced.Damn.All I did this time was change from Rose to Rosina,and I ALWAYS use wildcard or variants.Gremlins eh.But, still no marriage.Act 2 ::)

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 16 February 13 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi

The 1941 marriage looks to be correct as you get 1 match on Scotlandspeople when you search for a marriage between Harry Sinclair and Rose Heaney and 1 match for Harry Sinclair and Rose Crake. Both matches are for 1941 Kirkintilloch, Dunbatonshire which suggests Rose was indexed under both her maiden name and former married name (Crake).

What I mean by the marriage being outside the range that can be downloaded from Scotlandspeople is that the marriage is too recent. Whilst you can search SP up to very recent times you cannot download copies of the events that are, in the case of births after 1912, marriages after 1937, and deaths after 1962, but have to send to the GROS for a copy of the certificate.

With what Ev has found this is what appears to have happened

1922 Rose/Rosina marries Hector Crake
1941 Rose/Rosina marries Harry Sinclair
1948 Rose/Rosina divorces Harry Sinclair
1957 Rose/Rosina Sinclair formerley Crake maiden name Heaney dies

Andy

Offline Irishseeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 17 February 13 02:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Andy,understood all you just explained.I have found Aunty's Death Cert.many thanks,Marriage Cert to Hector Crake,again many thanks,but not a death Cert for him.He (Hector) served with the East Yorkshire Reg.during WW1,but I have been unable to find him after the marriage of 1922.But,,,,progress.Thanks to amazing people,take a bow :D Andy and Ev.

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 17 February 13 02:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi

There is a death registration for a Hector M Crake age 58 Dec Quarter 1959 Durham North Western Registration District. Vol 1a Page 494.

Andy