Author Topic: William TREVAIL gravestone, Luxulyan  (Read 1142 times)

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
William TREVAIL gravestone, Luxulyan
« on: Sunday 17 February 13 16:48 GMT (UK) »
While going through some photos from a recently-deceased relative I found a few copies of one showing what I have now discovered is Luxulyan Church. Clearly visible in the foreground is the gravestone of William Henry Knight Trevail, who died at Trethurgy in 1939.

The photos are black-and-white and small (just over 3" x 2"), and I think they may have been taken during a holiday in Cornwall, perhaps around the 1950s. I have no known family connection to William Trevail, so would be happy to pass these on to anyone who does.

If that sounds like you, please send me a private message and briefly describe your connection, and I'd be happy to send you a copy.

Arthur
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fizzybubble

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: William Trevail gravestone, Luxulyan
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 February 13 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Arthur,

If you cannot find a relative I am sure that the Cornwall Record Office of the Cornwall Family History Society would be glad to have them

Fizzy
Cornwall - Mutton Brown Trevethan Mugford Higham
Yorkshire - Thirlwall

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William TREVAIL gravestone, Luxulyan
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 February 13 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks - the FHS was going to be my next line of enquiry if there weren't any takers.

Arthur
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk