Author Topic: Elizabeth G Venables of South Africa  (Read 955 times)

Offline Jellybean0455

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth G Venables of South Africa
« on: Wednesday 20 February 13 12:52 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the parents of Elizabeth Gertrude Venables.  She was married to John Pieter Furstenberg "Jack" Preller.  Elizabeth was born 1874 Cape Province, South Africa.  On her death notice her parents are unknown as she was orphaned "at a tender age" with her siblings.  I have checked everywhere I can and have come up empty handed.  She died on 18 October 1918 in Pretoria, South Africa.  The death notice has "born Venables".   I am unable to acquire death notices for male "venables" that died around 15 years of her birth, as the Cape Archives are now not allowing copies to be taken of notices.  Help please? Thanks.

Online Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth G Venables of South Africa
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 February 13 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jellybean0455

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 February 13 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ladyhawk, thanks for your help but have already tried this site. I am actually subscribed to it and I also do transcribing for them.  The only reference to her is my husband's cousin's reference.

Offline iwccc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 June 13 08:03 BST (UK) »
Hi, Just read your rootschat.  Don't know if we will end up with the same Venables ...but I am also searching this as part of the Bishop Family Tree.
The Venables I have come across is a Mary Elizabeth Venables b. 1839 m. to a James McKay Bishop.
The name Venables was also given as a name for her grandson: viz John Herbert Venables Bishop.  I don't know the areas of South Africa.  The ones I am researching come mainly from Bloemfontein. Maybe if you looked at Mary Elizabeth Venables it might lead you to other Venables.  Just a thought. Cheers