Author Topic: bit of a dead end. Literally!  (Read 2174 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: bit of a dead end. Literally!
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 23:06 GMT (UK) »
There is a family tree on line on a****y which shows George as being married three times with quite an amount of detail - it shows Nellie as having died in Battersea in 1941
Are you aware of this tree?
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 23:39 GMT (UK) »
....its also on mundia
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline screwlooose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 28 February 13 00:09 GMT (UK) »
I think you will find the tree on ancestry is mine, and I'm guessing the one on mundia is as well. They should both belong to screwlooose. The death in Battersea was the best fit and i had it noted that it wasn't confirmed. I have three of the certs for Nellie Broughtons that died between 1932 and 1947. The fourth one was too young. None fit. I have sent for the death cert in 1982 that was refered to me, so I will have to wait and see. Frustrating not being able to access local newspapers. He was only married twice. The first time he was 18 and she was 65. Go figure! It doesn't appear as though George and Nellie ever married.
Duane
Broughton London
Phillips-Broughton London

Offline screwlooose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 15 March 13 04:42 GMT (UK) »
Got the death cert for Nellie Broughton who died in 1982 in Stoke. Not my Nellie.
 So I am at a bit of a dead end as to what may have happened too her. Any ideas about where to go from here??
Can I point out that in the article that reported his death it stated that his grandson had to break into the shop through a window to find him dead. This is what lead me to believe that his, "wife" or defacto had died before him.
Broughton London
Phillips-Broughton London