Author Topic: Canada, James Cooper  (Read 4196 times)

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
Re: Canada, James Cooper
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 03 April 13 15:13 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately you are just outside the limits for online access to those records:
http://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/Query.php

The deaths didn't appear on searches because the cutoff date is 70 years ago (1943), and you won't find any marriage because the cutoff date for marriages is 80 years ago (1933).

You can order the death certificates:
http://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/HowToApply.html
http://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/Entitled.html

The "Query" page above says:

"If you wish to obtain a certified copy of the original record for genealogical purposes based on a search you have done, the fee for each record is $12.00. No refunds or replacement of documents will be given for copies of the records issued based on your search. If you wish Vital Statistics to perform the search on your behalf, the regular fee of $25.00 will apply."
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?

Offline Matahui

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 03 April 13 19:52 BST (UK) »
Many thanks. I'll leave certificates for the moment, I think. Matahui

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 04 April 13 04:49 BST (UK) »
Death notice from the 2 Mar 1948 edition of the Winnipeg Free Press:

COOPER— On February 20, 1948 in Winnipeg, Mrs. Agnes A. Cooper, aged 76 years, beloved mother of Mrs. C. Horton of 373 Victor St. Funeral service to be held Wednesday at 11 o'clock at the Clark Leatherdale funeral home, 232 Kennedy St. Interment in Brookslde cemetery.

From 5 Mar 1949 edition of the Free Press:

St. James Man Is Found Dead
James Cooper, 79, of 538 College Street, St. James, was found dead in his home about 10:40 a.m.  Friday by St. James police after a postman reported that his mail had been collecting for nearly a week, according to Chief Constable Donald MacDonald. N. B. Ward. St. James postman, reported to police about 10.10 a.m. and police found Mr. Cooper dead in bed. Only survivor is his daughter, Mrs. C. H. Horton of 373 Victor Street, Winnipeg. The body has been taken to Mordue's funeral home, and burial will be Tuesday at 1.30 p.m. in Brookside Cemetery.

From the Card of Thanks section in the 6 Apr 1949 edition of the Free Press:

COOPER—I wish to express my sincere appreciation for the acts of kindness, messages of sympathy, and floral offerings during my recent bereavement in the loss of my father (James Cooper). I especially thank Rev. H. B Duckworth, pallbearers and officers and members of Plumber and Steam Fitters local union No. 25-1.
— Mrs. Jean A. Horton and family

I've found a couple of wedding announcements for her children which I will send in a PM to you.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline Matahui

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 04 April 13 05:00 BST (UK) »
That info' is absolutely wonderful thank you so much! The extras that you mention would be great too!
Many thanks, Matahui

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 04 April 13 05:03 BST (UK) »
I believe I have found an obituary for Jean. It looks like she re-married after the death of her husband as her surname was Clark in the obituary. Here is a link to it at the Free Press website:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0tbp/

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 04 April 13 05:13 BST (UK) »
I've found an obituary for Jean's son as well from 2001. It appears he was divorced as there is no mention of his wife. Here's the link:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0tbq/

Jacquie

Offline Matahui

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 04 April 13 08:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much! You are amazing! Matahui

Offline Grab1956

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 23 April 23 23:07 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know if Jean Agnes Coppers second husband was Robert Douglas Clark, born Prince Edward Island, Canada in 1902?
Thanks