Author Topic: Stillbirth records  (Read 755 times)

Offline Labmoth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stillbirth records
« on: Sunday 24 February 13 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Is it possible to find if a stillbirth was registered ?.I am looking for my Brother-in-law who feels a child was born before him but was stillborn. His parents are both dead now and he's just got hints about it in his past. It would have been in the London/Kent areas in about 1967/68. I appreciate it's a very delicate matter but know little about whether there is any where where we can check Many thanks.

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stillbirth records
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 February 13 14:50 GMT (UK) »
From the GRO website
Obtaining Stillbirth Certificates

Due to the sensitive nature of stillbirth registrations, the procedure for ordering a certificate of the entry differs from other types of certificates. We will only send out the application form after we have been contacted by phone or in writing by the mother or father (if he is named on the certificate). In cases where the parents are deceased, a brother or sister can apply if they can provide their parents’ dates of death.

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Labmoth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stillbirth records
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 February 13 15:51 GMT (UK) »
I very much appreciate you letting me know. I knew it wouldn't be straight forward but at least he can contact them himself now with the relative information. Thanks again, Jackie. :)