Author Topic: Alexander Carnahan, wife 4 children arr in America, July 21, 1792 from Armagh,Ir  (Read 1981 times)

Offline fruitytooty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
From the book Indiana county, PA by Joshua thompson Stewart page 564 "Armagh, the only borough in East Wheatfield, Indiana county, PA was founded in 1792. The first settlers were a portion of a shipload of emigrants from Ireland, most of them being from the counties of Armagh and Antrim, who arrived in America on the 21st day of July 1792. They located in western Pa eight families arrived and were from an Associate Reformed Church in county Armagh, the families were:(I will list all in case it helps someone else with a family)James Graham, Margaret J his wife, and four children; a Mr Parker;David Tomb (a brother of Mrs Graham) wife, one child and a sister, Mary Tomb;James Anderson and wife; A Fee, wife and one child Elizabeth;Alexander Carnathan, wife and four children; James Leslie and wife;James Luke and wife;Hugh Junkins and wife." The settlement was named for their homeland. I am interested in the Irish history for Alexander Carnahan.
From the book ancestry.com A century and a half of Pittsburg and her people page 209  (II) David Wakefield b Oct 11, 1778, in Path Valley, Perry County married Jennie C. Carnahan, also of Indiana Co., PA; She was the daughter of Alexander and Elizabeth Carnahan. David Wakefield was the son of David Wakefield that I have posted about in the Galway county, Ireland forum.
Thanks for reading this and I hope for a reply! Fruitytooty