Author Topic: Lookup - 'Jamberoo Cemeteries NSW' booklet - Thomas HAMPTON  (Read 3016 times)

Offline jeffreyjoecarroll

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup - 'Jamberoo Cemeteries NSW' booklet - Thomas HAMPTON
« Reply #9 on: Monday 25 February 13 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for your thoughts and ideas of how to move forward in finding Thomas. I've tried the lot previously to no avail. The Kiama FH people have been very patient with me over the years as well. I've spent days trawling through name variations on BDM. I had hoped that even though the period was just shy of the legal requirement to register the information, as Menzies was involved, he may have registered the death himself. Alas....it doesn't seem so. The inquests for that area/time are not available (who knows, they may be in someones attic). The church archives do not have records for that period. Their advice was that there were either no deaths in the area at that time or the Church did not send their documents to the archives. The CofE rectory burnt down in 1927 taking most (if not all) of their early records. I've gone through dozens of fiche reels over the years. My gut feeling is that Thomas is buried on private land. My other gut feeling is that if Menzies' notes were available there would be some information in there. Both he and his wife were methodical diary writers. The search continues....

Thanks again,
Jeff