Author Topic: Burwell, Isleham and Fordham PR's- Wilkin family connections  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Kylie B

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burwell, Isleham and Fordham PR's- Wilkin family connections
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 03:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brenda
Thanks so much for all of those- at least I now know Simon (1) must have married before 1706, which helps!
Simon (2) will was lodged in Norwich and describes him as a Yeoman of Burwell, and only describes a house and lands in Burwell. So not at all sure about the Bury St Edmunds bit on IGI....

Have had a bit more of a hunt on the IGI and also found:
Independant Church Burwell- Christening John Wybrough on 3 Oct 1761

His cousins Simon (3) and Joseph were heavily invovled in a non conformist church in Norwich in the 1770's and they baptised into their faith as adults.....so possibly John Wybrough is much younger than them, or he too was baptised as an adult. which of course doesnt help with a time frame for a marriage of his parents! No sign of his sisters Mary and susannah....

And I am puzzled at the lack of marriages for Simon 1 & 2- even if they were non conformist, I am pretty sure at that time they would have had to marry in an Anglican church for the marriage to be recognised....so where did they marry??!!

???Any other suggestions or clues would be gratefully accepted please anyone!! ???
Kylie