Author Topic: Ordering certs - cheap  (Read 2131 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Ordering certs - cheap
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 10:59 GMT (UK) »
I think a new sticky thread is needed for the whole ordering certs info and this quote needs to be right on top.
I remember reading pages and pages before I figured it out first time around.

There is a post on the Ireland Resources board re ordering certs (see reply #10) but there's lots of discussion after the initial post, which might be confusing things. I think I might try adding that 1 to 4 'quick-start' summary to the top, and splitting off the rest of the discussion ?

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline loudam

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 16:20 GMT (UK) »
If it makes it any easier for people you can do it via fax too, I've done it via fax by downloading the form, filling in the details, then scan it back into the computer and keep it there for any further cert requests....
O Riordan/Riordan / Dorgan/ Barry (Cork & Rathcooney)
O Sullivan & O Shea/Shea (Cork)
O Connell (Cork)
Walsh (Cork & Killarney)
Baldwin & Stanton, Sullivan, (Cork)
Lonergan (Cork, Tipperary, Limerick)
Deady ( Cork-Kanturk)

Offline Bhoy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 17:02 GMT (UK) »
My daughter was in Dublin at the end of the year & I got her to go to the GRO office to hand in some copying requests for me (paying by cash).  I've used this service a few times now and have been very happy with it.

This time they offered to email the results as image files rather than sending photocopied sheets by post.

Now, if they can do that, surely it's a small step to placing the request & order process on-line, with card payment.   They really are missing out on a money-spinner.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 18:15 GMT (UK) »
I've added the notes to the top of the Ordering Certs topic, but dont think it's a good idea splitting the topic after all, as this would break any links to the topic. There could be quite a few links involved to existing topics where people that haven't actually followed the details yet.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 18:27 GMT (UK) »
It's a lot better now Shane, thanks.
What I couldn't get despite Reply 10, was the need to basically ignore what is on the official form and fill in the BMD info one has got from FamilySearch index, I kept thinking there was a form I was missing.