Author Topic: Free 37 marker DNA tests for Pitt men living in the U. K.  (Read 1042 times)

Offline pittsdnaproject

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Free 37 marker DNA tests for Pitt men living in the U. K.
« on: Wednesday 27 February 13 01:53 GMT (UK) »
I am new to this forum.  I live in Texas and am an administrator of the Pitts DNA Project along with 3 other administrators.  We now have 88 male members who have done the y-dna test and about 13 female members who have done the Family Finder autosomal DNA test or the mitochrondrial DNA test.

We have 2 male members from England and 2 male members from Australia whose families emigrated from England.  Check out our web page: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~pittsdnagenealogy/index.htm

We are offering a free 37 marker y-dna kit if you are a male Pitts living in the U. K. and have a pedigree (male ancestors list) that goes back to at least 1900 or earlier.  If you meet these requirements or know of someone who might be interested, please contact me through our web page. We also accept variations in the surname:  Pitts, Pitt, Pits, Pittes, and Pytts.

The y-dna test involves rubbing a cotton swab inside your cheek and is not painful.

Our project web page also lists our many success stories that may be helpful if you are new to DNA testing.

Thanks!
David Pitts