Author Topic: Looking for births of Mary Ann, Elizabeth & Frances Steele  (Read 856 times)

Offline Holly Golightly

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Looking for births of Mary Ann, Elizabeth & Frances Steele
« on: Friday 01 March 13 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

In 1817 in Llandeilo Fawr, Wales three young Steele girls died.

Mary ann was age 7, buried 13th June, Elizabeth was 14 and buried on 18th June and Frances was 10 and buried on 24th June.

Looking for possible births for them. Could be possibly Yorkshire or anywhere in England or even Wales.

Not much to go on sorry,
Holly
"All lookups are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for births of Mary Ann, Elizabeth & Frances Steele
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 March 13 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Were they sisters or unconnected?

What is your interest in them? Steele is not an uncommon surname and without more info as to their parents or their birthplaces - there is no way of knowing which is the right entry

Have you checked the IGI
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Holly Golightly

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for births of Mary Ann, Elizabeth & Frances Steele
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 March 13 22:03 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure if they are sisters or not but as they resided in the same place and were buried at the same parish I am presuming they are, but haven't got proof either way.

I have a Richard Wilson Steele who was born in the same place in 1812 and I believe that they may be his older sisters or have some connection, as Steele is not a common name in Wales where they died. His parents were Richard and Elizabeth. I have a marriage that could be them in 1800 in Yorkshire and these girls would fill in the years up till the first child we have born in 1812. But I have no idea as to where they were born.

I have checked the IGI but didn't find any that seemed to be them yet.

- Holly
"All lookups are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"