Author Topic: Bews formerly McGuffie  (Read 459 times)

Offline eastender

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Bews formerly McGuffie
« on: Friday 01 March 13 22:55 GMT (UK) »
I would like to find more information on Jane Bews who was born Jane McGuffie in about 1883. By 1916 she was widowed and living in London, but I'm pretty certain that her parents lived in Largs, Ayrshire for some time. Her father's name was Samuel McGuffie. It would be good to know if she was already married at the time of the 1911 census. The family may have lived in Glasgow before moving to Largs.
Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Wocha, Vocha, Vautier, Dehais, Delahayes, Horsburgh, Lucas, Roe, Vaughan, Rosser, Tully, Osborn, Dick. Huguenots.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Bews formerly McGuffie
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 March 13 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi

She married in 1908 - you can download a copy of the marriage cert from the Scotlands People website but it is a paysite only - purchase of credits

The 1911 census can be viewed using the same site

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 March 13 23:43 GMT (UK) »
I see she married Percival Perrett in 1916 in West Ham and died 1970 Surrey
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline eastender

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 March 13 23:50 GMT (UK) »
That's great Carole. I don't know why I couldn't find her as I thought I had searched there.  ???
Many thanks for taking the time to check, and yes, you are right about her second marriage.

Wocha, Vocha, Vautier, Dehais, Delahayes, Horsburgh, Lucas, Roe, Vaughan, Rosser, Tully, Osborn, Dick. Huguenots.