Author Topic: Elizabeth LOMAS buried 1 Nov 1780 Buxton St John details  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Adnepos_Iacobi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Elizabeth LOMAS buried 1 Nov 1780 Buxton St John details
« on: Saturday 02 March 13 15:32 GMT (UK) »
Subject information from findmypast. Mike Spencer hasn't covered this year. Wondering if this might be my g6 grandmother. Long odds against (so many Elizabeth Lomases!) but additional details like age, residence would help, please.

Powell (NTT) Hallam (DBY) Nadin (DBY) Hartley (Ancoats) Beech (Kirk Sandal) Potter (DBY)

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth LOMAS buried 1 Nov 1780 Buxton St John details
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 March 13 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately the Parish registers give only the date of burial..01.11.1780..its a bit early for more details to be included..
To be your direct ancestor she must reasonably have been a Mrs Lomas.........I can tell you that none of the LOMAS males at Buxton St. John married an Elizabeth..until 1794 which is of course too late...
If you give me some details of her family..I'msure i can find her....

Derek.
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline Adnepos_Iacobi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 March 13 00:24 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately the Parish registers give only the date of burial..01.11.1780..its a bit early for more details to be included..
To be your direct ancestor she must reasonably have been a Mrs Lomas.........I can tell you that none of the LOMAS males at Buxton St. John married an Elizabeth..until 1794 which is of course too late...
If you give me some details of her family..I'msure i can find her....
Derek.
Many thanks for the Buxton St John burial information. The burial I am searching for is for Elizabeth FORD (chr 03 Oct 1708 at Chapel-en-le-Frith, Thomas Becket), married Robert LOMAS (18 Apr 1731 at Thomas Becket), continued to have children christened up to 1851. Robert was buried at Chapel-en-le-Frith 31 Oct 1782. I don't have any link for either side of the family with Buxton but was exploring the possibility of a move.
Powell (NTT) Hallam (DBY) Nadin (DBY) Hartley (Ancoats) Beech (Kirk Sandal) Potter (DBY)

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 March 13 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Lomas buried 09.05.1779 Chapel-en-le-Frith wife of Robert Lomas of the Workhouse!!

Robert Lomas Buried 31.10.1782 pauper Died at Coombs.buried at Chapel.

Derek.
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline Adnepos_Iacobi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
COMPLETED: Elizabeth LOMAS burial
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 09 March 13 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Lomas buried 09.05.1779 Chapel-en-le-Frith wife of Robert Lomas of the Workhouse!!

Robert Lomas Buried 31.10.1782 pauper Died at Coombs.buried at Chapel.

Derek.

It's so easy when you point it out! Thank you for helping!!

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 09 March 13 23:52 GMT (UK) »
you're very welcome.