Author Topic: Henry Ashley-my biggest brickwall  (Read 2206 times)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Ashley-my biggest brickwall
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 March 13 05:07 GMT (UK) »
And I can't see a Henry Ashley who died in 1918. Where did you get that information from?
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline blamcca

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 March 13 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Yes Emma remarried to William Morley. Yes this family seemed to avoid newspaper notices and that makes it very hard.
There is a Harry Ashley who died in Norwood district in 1918. That is a certificate I should look into. Although I don't know why he would be there while the rest of the family was in NSW at the time. There was a little rumour that he and Emma were estranged. So maybe this isn't his death and Emma just remarried. Emma then died in 1922 in her 50's. I have the marriage certificate of Emma and William Morley.

Offline blamcca

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 March 13 21:46 GMT (UK) »
I got a transcription of his marriage certificate done. There was a nice lady at a library who did it for me, I wish there were people like that at every library because Henry Ashley had a daughter in 1910 and that should show where he was born because it was after 1907 (when parents birthplaces were started been recorded), his only child after then.
Here is the transcription:
25 July 1884 at House of James Hart, Stirling North (father of the bride)
Groom- Henry ASHLEY  35 Bachelor   Occ.  Bushman   Res. Mount Eba    Father  Henry Ashley
Bride- Emma GEORGE  26  Widow    Res. Stirling North
Witnesses  Charles H. Hart  Labourer  Stirling North
                 Sarah McShone???          Stirling North
Minister  W. S. Hoper????

Sadly it doesn't reveal much. Perhaps I should try a transcription of his death certificate  :-\