Author Topic: Looking info on Roley Farm Llanwnnog  (Read 6865 times)

Offline Zoe-Hannah

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking info on Roley Farm Llanwnnog
« on: Saturday 09 March 13 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for information on Roley Farm Llanwnog,, My Great grandfather Edward  Jones, who I have been searching for ages, was living there when he had his first child William, according to William's birth cert.
Jones, Thomas, Carr, McDougall, Tatlock, Naylor, Gordon, Brentnall, Parry, Brotherton.

Offline DORAN54

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Looking info on Roley Farm Llanwnnog
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 March 13 12:13 GMT (UK) »
hi  just a thought i suppose you have already tried googling it

Offline Zoe-Hannah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 March 13 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I have tried Googling it, but without success.
Jones, Thomas, Carr, McDougall, Tatlock, Naylor, Gordon, Brentnall, Parry, Brotherton.

Offline alltcafan

• RootsChat Member
  • sun setting in Powys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 March 13 13:51 GMT (UK) »
Dear Zoe-Hannah,

There was a William & Elizabeth Jones living at Rolau Llanwnog in 1891 & 1901;
William (age 59) was a Stonemason in 1901 and in 1891 (age 49) shown as Small farmer & mason
and Elizabeth his wife was shown as the same age as him on both Censuses

In 1891 there was a Samuel age 15, David age 13, Thomas age 11, Mary J age 9 & Benjamin age 7;
In 1901 the only two at home with their parents was only Thomas (age 21) and Benjamin (age 17);

The spelling was Roley in 1911.

I will put the Piece & page info on later as I forgot to make a note and I'm going out now.

Regards, Alltcafan  :)
EVANS/ JONES / JAMES / REES - Llangeler, Penboyr, Llanfihangel ar Arth, Burry Port & South Wales
STEPHENS - Llangeler, Penboyr & Neath
DAVIES / REES / JONES - Kilrhedyn, Newcastle Emlyn

Offline Zoe-Hannah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 09 March 13 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alltcafan,

Thankyou for this. I recognise the names that you have listed on your reply, William & Elizabeth I believe to be the parents of my Great grandmother Mary J. as you have listed, and recognise the list of her siblings. (I know that Mary J's father was a stone mason as it lists this on her Marriage cert to Edward. But I didn't know of Roley farm until I got William' s birth cert.

So my Great Grandparents Edward & Mary Jane had their first child William at the home of her parents William & Elizabeth.

Would you happen to know how far llanwnog to Caersws is, as that is where the next child was born. William's sister Elizabeth.
Regards.

Zoe.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 09 March 13 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Looking at properties nearby on the censuses,it may be worth checking Rholau,postcode SY17 5NZ

Regards
Roger

Offline Zoe-Hannah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 09 March 13 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou Roger,  I am not sure how I would find out exactly where the 2nd child would have been born as it only mentions Caersws on her birth cert, unlike like William's which mentions Roley farm,

All his other siblings have addresses on for places of birth, as I now have the birth certs for William and his siblings (Children of Mary J & Edward. Which by the way he's elusive!!!)

I  would also like to find out how I go about finding how many people are buried in a burial plot and list of who is in the plot. if that makes sense!!! As I believe there may be another child that could be buried with Mary & Edward in Minffordd cemetery. ( think I should put this last bit in as a new thread.)

Regards

Zoe

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 09 March 13 21:54 GMT (UK) »
I'm on unfamiliar territory here,but Gwynedd Family History Society(www.gwyneddfhs.org) have publications including monumental inscriptions for Llanfihangel y Traethu,Minffordd,Penrhyndeudraeth-Parts 1 and 2(under Merionethshire),though I don't know the extent of the coverage or whether the detail you require is available.

Regards
Roger

Offline Zoe-Hannah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 13 March 13 09:39 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou, Roger. Could anyone help in deciphering the street name or house number on this census record please. RG13, Piece 5194, Folio 88, Pg16, it's for my Great grandparents Edward his wife Mary Jane & their son william. also would there be a way of finding out who owned the house.