Author Topic: Swedish translation needed...  (Read 4936 times)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
Re: Swedish translation needed...
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 01 June 14 11:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Phillip,

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

How lovely to come across a Lancefield/Busch relative. I am linked by the Lancefield connection. I do not actually descend from Jean Wilhelm Busch and Mary Lancefield, rather from her brother John Lancefield who was a ship's captain in England. His daughter Frances Lancefield left England for Australia in the 1840's and my family has been in Brisbane ever since. I wrote a book last year on my Lancefield's with a very small mention of the Busch family in Sweden...if you are interested in reading about Mary Lancefield's brothers and sister as well as her father, also John Lancefield and also a mariner, you might want to check it out. There is a small preview on the website below:

http://www.blurb.com/b/4630086-saltwater

I have done a great deal of research on this family, and been in touch with many other Lancefield and Busch descendants over the years, including a descendant of James Laurents Busch named Lauren Dedik....do you know each other? I am happy to share with you what I have found thus far, and link you with Lauren if needed.

Where do you fit in? Did your family end up in America like Lauren's, did they stay in England, or go back to Sweden?

I assume you have found my other posts too  ;)

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline Phillip

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 01 June 14 11:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Jenny

The book looks good, may get a copy.
I'm from just over the ditch  :) as someone mentioned in one of the earlier posts I read

I found my parents box of family info collected from various Aunts and other relatives over the years and thought I would try and sort it for them  :)
I would be interested in tracking the other descendants and help fill the gaps (which are a lot at the moment) so any help is appreciated.
Cheers
Phillip

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 01 June 14 12:56 BST (UK) »
I've PM'd you my e-mail so we can chat more extensively :)

Lauren bought the book too, I think she enjoyed it. It gives you your Lancefield history at least ;)

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline Loelia Vansittart-Tanner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 28 November 16 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I know this thread is a little old but I just wanted to say that I am also a descendent of the Busk family.

My ancestor was Sir Wadsworth Busk, son of Jacob Hans Busk. I would be very eager to chat and see what information we could share :)

Hope to hear from one of my cousins!

Loelia

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 28 November 16 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Loelia,

Welcome to rootschat  ;D

I just checked my tree and I can see your ancestor Sir Wadsworth Busk in  my tree, and also checked him out on Wikipedia. What a fascinating tree!

Sir Wadsworth Busk (3 January 1730 – 15 December 1811) was Attorney-General of the Isle of Man from 1774 to 1797.

I don't actually descend from the Busch/Busk family, as you have probably gathered, I am a 'ring in' as my direct line follows the Lancefield's who married into the Busch family. I am afraid I do not have much more on this branch of the tree, other than what you have likely already found online.

Hopefully one of your actual 'cousins' will reply....good luck  ;)

Jenny

Offline Loelia Vansittart-Tanner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 28 November 16 21:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jenny, thank you! Nice to be here :)

Thank you for your reply, I have been researching my family history for about 10 years now and it has been a fun and fascinating ride. I am always eager to find like-minded people, especially ones who share at least part of my tree!

Thanks again for the welcome, I look forward to exploring!

All the best,

Loelia

Offline Gathe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 20 October 20 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I know this thread is a little old but I just wanted to say that I am also a descendent of the Busk family.

My ancestor was Sir Wadsworth Busk, son of Jacob Hans Busk. I would be very eager to chat and see what information we could share :)

Hope to hear from one of my cousins!

Loelia

Old thread I know, but I am another descendent of the Busck family. I'm curious to find out what happened to those from the Busck family who emigrated from Sweden.

Kris