Author Topic: Shields family in East Riding Yorkshire  (Read 14888 times)

Offline magooy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Shields family in East Riding Yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 February 12 11:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I just found your posts regarding the Shields family and was very excited.

I'm descended from Margaret Shields, daughter of William Shields and Martha Crawforth.

Margaret  married Matthew Hercliff and their daughter Mary Hercliffe married George Rawson and moved to Australia in 1862.  They had 11 children, one of whom was Charles my Great Grandfather.

I would really love to share information with you.

Belinda

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 February 12 13:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello Belinda and welcome to Rootschat...That's a lovely photo you have...if you want it cleaned and restored you could post it here:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,298.0.html

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline jackiewright

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 February 12 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Have some early Shields data and will post asap.
JackieW

Offline magooy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 01:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol and thanks for the welcome.

I didn't realise the photo looked that bad until I posted it. I do a little bit with Photoshop though, so should be able to fix it without too much trouble. Thanks for giving me the link though.

I can't wait to see what else I can find out about this family.

Regards,
Belinda

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 09 February 12 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Welcome!!! Love to find more shields. You can see where i fit in from the beginning of this post. My great great Grandmother was Emily Shields Nixon.  Lobe the share!

Kristin
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 09 February 12 21:24 GMT (UK) »
PS awesome picture!
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline AnneMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 03:11 BST (UK) »
I know this is an old post but just wanted to let everyone know that I am related to the Shields family as well.

Margaret Shields married Matthew Hercliffe and their daughter Elizabeth Hercliffe married Robert Allison and they are my 3xgreatgrandparents.

Cheers
Anne
Yorkshire - Thompson. Savage, Morris, Richardson, Frankish, Mintoft, Myers, Barker, Hotchkiss
Shropshire - Hotchkiss
Derbyshire - Hardwick, Barker, Marples
Lancashire - Winstanley, Morton

Offline magooy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 11:19 BST (UK) »
Hello Anne

I just got the notification that you had posted to this thread and thought I would let you know that I am descended from Elizabeth's sister Mary who came to Australia. I posted a picture of her on the first page but I have several others if you are interested.

I would reply to you personally but not sure how to do it as I'm not a regular on the forum. Would love to hear more about your branch of the family as well.

Regards,
Belinda

Offline AnneMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 06 June 13 00:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Belinda:

Nice to hear from you.  I would be pleased to let you know more about me branch of the family.  I assume you are in Australia.  I now live in Canada but was born in Yorkshire.  I will send you p.m. message with my e-mail address so you can contact me. 

Once I send the message you should received a e-mail noticed and then you open the message.  Am sending it now.  So if you don;t get it reply on here and let me know.

Cheers
Anne
Yorkshire - Thompson. Savage, Morris, Richardson, Frankish, Mintoft, Myers, Barker, Hotchkiss
Shropshire - Hotchkiss
Derbyshire - Hardwick, Barker, Marples
Lancashire - Winstanley, Morton