Author Topic: Death? of Andrew E MORROW in Victoria  (Read 3463 times)

Offline muss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline giblet

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Death? of Andrew E MORROW in Victoria
« Reply #10 on: Friday 22 March 13 05:29 GMT (UK) »
Katharine im curious  ;D  How are you going to know when you have found the right Andrew when there are a few of them and you dont have any family information etc to go on besides his partial name?  :-\

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 25 March 13 05:55 GMT (UK) »
On http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/search/index.aspx  there is a family which matches to some extent (he is a few years younger)  arriving from UK in 1962 as assisted migrants.

Can this be ruled out? 

cheers,
  Ros

In 1980 electoral roll a person of this name is living at Barwon Heads in Victoria and is a teacher

And from Ryerson's http://ryersonindex.net/search.php a person of this name and matching age died in 2011 (19 April) at age 93 - notice in Geelong Advertiser on 20 April 2011
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 25 March 13 06:58 GMT (UK) »
There are some likely matches (by initials) for his children on whitepages http://www.whitepages.com.au/?entryType=R

cheers,
  Ros
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 25 March 13 09:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I am having trouble finding Andrew listed on the 1980 census at Barwon Heads. It would be him. Did it actually give a middle name for him?
I do have some suspected names for his children. My mum used to correspond with him many years ago, but lost touch as he got older.
Either of those entries in Ryerson for Victoria could be him.

I am not sure if he was an immigrant. I will have to check with my mum.

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 25 March 13 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Katharine,
  If you look at the immigration record you will see the middle name (of Edward), his birth date,  the names of his wife and the full names of his children and their birth dates. 

This seems to be the man who died in 2011.  There was a person of the same name living at barwon heads in the 1980 electoral roll but no way of knowing if this is same man (as wife and children are living elsewhere).  However  it is the only person with these given names on electoral roll so it looks likely.

regards,
  Ros

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 25 March 13 09:38 GMT (UK) »
Pretty sure that you have found the correct man Ros  :)
The first three children match with what names my mother had, and the wife's name and his age seem to correlate.
Therefore he is the Andrew Morrow who passed away in 2011. Now, just to track down the children. I will have a look at the white pages, but if anyone comes up with details for them, I will be very happy to hear about it.
Thanks for all your help, Katharine.

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 25 March 13 09:44 GMT (UK) »
That's good news Katharine  :)

cheers,
   Ros

Offline ajm333

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 12 April 13 07:18 BST (UK) »
Pretty sure that you have found the correct man Ros  :)
The first three children match with what names my mother had, and the wife's name and his age seem to correlate.
Therefore he is the Andrew Morrow who passed away in 2011. Now, just to track down the children. I will have a look at the white pages, but if anyone comes up with details for them, I will be very happy to hear about it.
Thanks for all your help, Katharine.
Hi Katherine and Ros,

I just happened upon this, and joined up so that I could respond.

Andrew Edward Morrow and Eileen Titley had five children. Eileen is English, Andrew was Irish. His father was an Anglican minister in Dublin. Their children were as shown by Ros above, but one was misspelled. Andrew died 19 April, 2011, in a Geelong nursing home where he had resided for only about 3 weeks. He had a roast beef dinner and all was well. At 2.30 am that morning he was sleeping peacefully but at 6.15am he had passed away. At 93 he had a good innings and he was still his cheeky self right 'til the end. The funeral was at 'Tuckers Funerals' Cnr Torquay & Pioneer Rds, Grovedale, Geelong, Victoria, Australia, 11 am on Wed April 27, 2011.

For more information please contact me at the following email address (I will fragment it so that search bots don't pick it up):

Add (*)

Cheers,

AJM

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php