Author Topic: Birkenhead Burials 1923  (Read 688 times)

Offline Janice123

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birkenhead Burials 1923
« on: Saturday 23 March 13 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Does anyone have any idea WHERE someone living in the Birkenhead/The Wirral area would have been buried in 1923?  I have a listing for my ancestor Jane Ellen Davies - Birkenhead 1923. Are there lots of places it could be?  I'd like to try and narrow it down a bit if possible. Many Thanks  Jan.
Bowden, Perks, Hill, Powell, Davies, Morgan, Bowen, Morris, Oliver, Hudson, Mottershead, Wenham, Tingey, Bennett, Smout, Mantle, Hughes, Kidson, Simpson.

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Birkenhead Burials 1923
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 March 13 14:23 GMT (UK) »
Wirral comes under the county of Cheshire on Rootschat.

Blue

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 March 13 00:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Burials can be difficult to find sometimes but starting with the most obvious.

According to CheshireBMD Jane Ellen Davies age 73 death was registered in the Wallasey Sub-District. One possible cemetery would be Wallasey Cemetery (known locally as Rake Lane Cemetery) Wallasey was in the Birkenhead Registration District back then.

The burial registers are not online but films of them are accessable at Wallasey Library and possibly Birkenhead Library. There are a couple of Rootschatters who may be able to look up the registers for you but it would help to know their denomination as the registers are divided into Church of England, Roman Catholic and Non Conformist. The death was registered September quarter 1923.

As Blue70 said the area is in the traditional County of Cheshire and not Lancashire, could a moderator please move this Topic

Andy

Offline Janice123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 March 13 13:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello Blue and Andy,
Thank you for your replies, and Thanks for putting me straight on the County! I will see if anyone on the Cheshire Board could do a look up at the library for me. Thanks again for your help, Best Wishes Jan.
Bowden, Perks, Hill, Powell, Davies, Morgan, Bowen, Morris, Oliver, Hudson, Mottershead, Wenham, Tingey, Bennett, Smout, Mantle, Hughes, Kidson, Simpson.