Author Topic: Rev Robert Deans  (Read 2764 times)

Offline bannatyne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rev Robert Deans
« on: Thursday 28 March 13 13:08 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information on an ancestor. Robert Deans born in Glasgow in abt 1871 and was a Vicar in Kibworth Harcourt in 1911, his wife annie was born in Wales
Dickson (Ayrshire), Dunbar, Russell (Stonehouse and Glasgow) , Cunningham (Wigtonshire)  Winning, Logan

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rev Robert Deans
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 March 13 16:09 GMT (UK) »
do you have other census?
In 1901 he is in 64 Bothwell st, barony glasgow as a theological student. no point listing all the students!

there is a marriage coming up on the index at SP for Robert Deans marrying an Annie 1902/3 in glasgow - date from 1911 youv'e seen.  you will need credits to see the record ( I'm out of them) but it should indicate parents.

he was a congregational minister (non-conformist?) so not sure whether he will be in Crockfords clerical available online.

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline DebGlaze

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 March 13 17:15 GMT (UK) »
I have downloaded the marriage record of Robert Deans, Missionary, to Annie Lamont 1 July 1902 in Glasgow. Please send me your e'mail if this is your Rev Robert Deans and you want me to send it to you.

Deb

Offline willsy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 March 13 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Might take a bit of sorting but there are some references in the papers so you can track some of the places he was Minister, nothing for Leicester that is obvious, most of the references are Scottish.
Willsy

Ward, Newark (Nottingham), Leicester, Scarborough
Warren, Northampton, Leicester
Moore, Leicestershire
Hunt, Leicestershire
Kirkman, Leicestershire
Hurst, Leicester, Stowmarket
Kendrick, Leicestershire
Eld, Leicestershire
Essex Edey/Eady Elsden/Elsdon

Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives