Author Topic: Elizabeth Pole nee Sewell  (Read 3064 times)

Offline yvon-3

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Pole nee Sewell
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 30 March 13 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ambly
               I am not 100% sure it is him. But the other John Pole of similar dates was married to Matilda. If it isn't him then where is he ?  But I am as sure as I can be at the moment. I have spent 25 years tracing the Pole family. My Uncle also did a lot of work in the Leicester records.His research confirmed most of what I found out. But even he didn't know that his Grandfather Richard Pole had a brother called Frederick.
        If anyone knows of another John Pole b around 1812 in or near Belgrave in Leicester I will gladly have a look.
       Regards

Yvon-3

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 30 March 13 14:32 GMT (UK) »
It's a lifelong hobby, that's for sure  ;D
I've got a few in mine that remain elusive too - revisit them every few years to see if I can't get another nudge ahead! Found a Census and an Irish marriage this year,  that's taken abt 10-15 years to work out so there's always hope!

I guess Frederick POLE's's birth cert would be a good one to get - being at it's  after the start of Civil Reg. and it might be interesting to see what it says for the father and the father's occupation), who informed of the birth, address, etc.

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline yvon-3

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 30 March 13 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ambly
               I am going to send for Frederick's birth cert after Easter. It would be very interesting to find out what is on it. It might shed a little more light on John Pole and see if he is listed as the father. I just wonder if he is the father of Frederick and not someone else. I will post the results on here when I get it.

Yvon-3

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 30 March 13 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Look forward to seeing what transpires  ;D

Happy Easter!
Cheers
AMBLY - fresh from a Backyard Easter Egg Hunt - it's Sunday Downunder! 
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline yvon-3

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 08 April 13 14:03 BST (UK) »
Hi
    I have just received the Birth cert for Frederick Pole. It was the correct one. It was transcribed wrongly on Family Search .org. It is as follows

Born 17th of June 1838. Frederick. Boy. Father John Pole. Mother Elizabeth Pole Formerly Sewell. Occ. of Father Framework Knitter.
      So thanks everyone for all your help, another mystery cleared up.  This is now complete.

Thanks

Yvon-3