Author Topic: britcher family  (Read 4437 times)

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: britcher family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 31 March 13 03:37 BST (UK) »
Hi All
it could be Maryanns baptism as she could have been 4 or 5 when baptized.
I wish I could read the actual baptism book.It is so hard when you are so far from England our homeland.Even though we have been here for generations the connection is still there.My skin knows where I belong .Scotland Ireland or England.......
silky
scotland england wales australia new zealand
Mealmaker  Pennington/Peninton May Harris Jones Henry

Offline jomcd967

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 31 March 13 04:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Silky,

The age on the immigration record could also be understated, particularly for Bounty immigrants it was common to shave off a few years to make you more eligible, I have examples of this on my own tree. I also relate to your frustration as all my research is done from the comfort of my home in  Melbourne, Australia and I would love nothing more than the ability to wallow in the Kew Archives (LMA, etc) for a month or so, although we are remarkably lucky with what is available on line and the generous and unlimited knowledge of Rootschatters is, of course, invaluable.

Regards, Jo  :)
Puplett, Sonnex, Lott, Dunkiss, Hart - London area.
Hudson, Jenner, Dedman - Sussex
Leach, Hopkins, Saunders - Wales
Leach, Lipscombe - Hampshire
Sipthorpe - Lancashire
Walters - Cornawall & Australia
Kingshott, Matheson, Pitt, McDonald, Keogh - Australia.

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 31 March 13 05:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Jo
yes its very hard but thanks to WDYTYA I now know how hard it is to follow the right line you must find the church records if you know their parish and religion .Thanks also to the rootschatters they have found me so much.I went to England many years ago and got nowhere before the net.It is so much better now that I can search at home.You are right you need a month or so over there which I did not have and that is for one name only.It is very easy here in Australia if you have a convict, have so much info. Tassie was the dissapointment they threw most of their convict past into the Dewent River only one person saved some of the convict books. :'( silky

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 02 April 13 14:07 BST (UK) »
Hi All
found a Meopham 9 miles from Maidstone so that is what the Meo meant on document when Britchers came to Australia .
silky